10 Questions with ... Greg Beharrell
January 27, 2015
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Don't you legally have to use quotes when talking about a radio "career?"
Overnights at FM96 in London, Ontario (as they say in London: I'm moving out of London). Evenings at X92.9 in Calgary, Alberta (worked for the legend that is Christian Hall. I like to think we became friends over the years, he insists we did not). Evenings at 102.1 The Edge in Toronto, Ontario (Toronto actors are some of the best waiters you'll ever have). Mornings at 102.1 The Edge in Toronto, Ontario (if you're ever not sure about what makes Toronto great, just say "hello" to someone in Toronto). Afternoons at 99.3 CFOX in Vancouver, BC (the only V I've ever been able to get into). Afternoons at Live 105 in San Francisco (Jacent Jackson is brilliant, so it was an opposites attract kinda thing).
1. Congrats on your new gig! What led you from Canada to afternoon drive at Live 105?
Jacent Jackson's mistake.
2. You arrived at Live 105 with an apple on your head. Explain?
It was the only photo of me on my camera roll that didn't require pixilation.
3. How would you describe your show and how has it changed for San Francisco?
My show is very Hindenburg-y. I'm completely and totally against change, unless you think I should.
4. What is your show prep routine?
Every day I walk into the office and say "just robbed a bank, my show PERP is done." My co-workers silence is the kind of tranquility you can't buy.
5. What part of your show do you love the most?
Making people reach for their nobs.
6. Who is your favorite air personality and why?
Me because I'm humble.
7. How did you first become interested in radio?
8. How do you use Social Media?
I think of social media as a bridge to my audience, and I'm under there, waiting for them to cross.
9. Fill in the blank: I can't make it through the day without _________?
Calling my parole officer.
10. What would surprise people most about you?
What are your hobbies?
I believe it's called "the stranger".
Last non-industry job?
I'd rather not discuss it, but let's just say that I'll only be fluffing pillows from now on.
First record ever purchased?
I don't know. Who would remember that? Nobody cares about music. Obviously, they tune in for our kooky, zany DJ bits.
I can't remember who the band was because I was too busy trying to hit the posts.
Favorite band of all-time?
Low rise, I'm a Britney.