Bits and Pieces - May 5, 2011
May 5, 2011
Today is Cinco de Mayo. To celebrate, President Obama authorized Navy SEALS to kill a bottle of Jose Cuervo.
MARIAH CAREY and NICK CANNON are the newest members of the goofy celebrity baby name club. The other day Mariah hinted that both their new twins' names started with the letter 'M.' If you had Moroccan Scott and Monroe in the office pool, step up and claim your prize. Moroccan Scott is the boy and he gets his name from Mariah's New York apartment, which features Moroccan-inspired décor. Scott is both Nick's middle name and his grandmother's maiden name. Monroe is the girl and she didn't get a middle name because Mariah doesn't have one. She was named after Marilyn Monroe, who's been an inspiration to Mariah, although, unfortunately for the baby, she didn't name her Marilyn.
If the cast of GLEE didn't bring their concert tour to a city near you, there's still a chance to see them. The Glee Live! In Concert! North American tour will hit theaters for two weeks only, starting August 12th and it'll be in 3-D.
- PITBULL will release his next album, called "Planet Pit," on June 21st. Guests include Marc Anthony, Chris Brown, T-Pain, Ne-Yo, and Kelly Rowland.
- TAYLOR SWIFT will debut the music video for her song "Mean" tomorrow on CMT and CMT.com.
- Today: Kathie Lee and Hoda report from Jamaica; actor John Leguizamo
- Good Morning America: Author Maya Angelou
- CBS Early Show: Actor Jim Parsons; author Melanie Notkin
- Regis & Kelly: Kate Hudson; Jennifer Hudson performs
- The View: Amy Poehler; performance from "Sister Act: A Divine Musical Comedy"; TV host Guy Fieri
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kirstie Alley and dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy; musician Meat Loaf
Major League Baseball doesn't think the Los Angeles Dodgers have enough money to make their end of May payroll. The league has taken over operations of the team and say they'll cover the payroll if necessary.
David Williams rode up to a Surprise, Arizona police officer on his scooter and asked the cop if he'd ever arrested him before. The officer told the 23-year-old Williams that he didn't think he had, but offered to run a check. That check found that Williams had a warrant out for his arrest and the answer to the question of whether the officer has ever arrested him is now 'yes.'
1986: Cleveland was announced as the site for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
singer Chris Brown 22