Bits and Pieces - May 6, 2011
May 6, 2011
Jacob Lusk was eliminated last night on American Idol. It was kind of harsh the way they did it. He was taken out by a team of elite Navy Seals.
Despite a lengthy run on Dancing With the Stars, BRISTOL PALIN didn't seem to slim down. However, new photos have surfaced showing a dramatic makeover. In fact, it's so dramatic that some are speculating that she must've gone under the knife. Naturally, her camp denies that, saying she's just dropped a bunch of weight. However, plastic surgeons who've seen before and after pictures say mere weight loss wouldn't account for her newly defined jaw line, higher cheekbones and fresher looking eyes.
Simon Cowell has made it official and announced that CHERYL COLE will be a judge on THE X FACTOR. Cole has been a judge on the original British version of the show.
- BRYAN ADAMS has become a father for the first time at the age of 51. The baby mama is his personal assistant, Alicia Grimaldi, who gave birth to daughter Mirabella Bunny back on April 22nd. All are well but, aside from that, they're keeping everything else pretty much to themselves.
- SOULJA BOY will appear on DRAKE'S next album, called "Take Care." Soulja says, "Me and Drake got something coming-crazy. He said he's coming to Atlanta and gon' kick it with me."
- HANK WILLIAMS JR., KEITH URBAN, TIM MCGRAW, LADY ANTEBELLUM, RONNIE DUNN, SARA EVANS, ALABAMA and others will perform a benefit concert to raise funds for victims of the recent storms and tornadoes in the South. Country Music Television will air the special live next Thursday evening.
- ABC: Shark Tank, Primetime: What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: Flashpoint, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: Friday Night Lights and Dateline are new
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Bulls at Hawks and Lakers at Mavericks
- ESPN2: NASCAR Nationwide Series: Royal Purple 200 From Darlington
- Versus: Hockey with the Sharks at Red Wings
The NBA has suspended Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest for one game after his forearm clothesline job on Mavericks guard J.J. Barea late in Wednesday's game. The Lakers try to avoid falling 0-3 to the Mavericks tonight in Dallas.
Tigard, Oregon's 21-year-old Justin Allen Ebensteiner earned a living by selling low mileage used cars on Craigslist. However, that career came to an end after he sold a 1998 Audi with 77,000 miles on it. As the customer drove away, he noticed the odometer was going in reverse. Justin was given a ride in a low-mileage police cruiser to his new accommodations at the gray bar hotel.
1986: Joan Rivers announced she was leaving The Tonight Show as permanent guest host for her own late-night show on the Fox Network
baseball's Willie Mays 80