Bits and Pieces - May 12, 2011
May 12, 2011
Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi made his first TV appearance in several weeks last night. Moammar was a guest mentor on American Idol.
LINDSAY LOHAN had her day in court yesterday. Although Lindsay wasn't there, her lawyer entered a no contest plea in connection with that stolen necklace. Lindsay was sentenced to 120 days in jail, although that'll likely turn into 14 days of home confinement. The judge also gave Lindsay three years of probation and ordered her to complete a shoplifter's alternative program, psychological counseling and she also has to stay 100 feet away from the boutique where she stole the necklace and not communicate with the store owners. We also found out that Lindsay's probation report said she failed an alcohol test on February 8th, which is about a month after she left the Betty Ford Clinic. As for that alleged attack on a clinic employee, cops have interviews with restaurant employees, hotel employees, and nightclub employees saying that Lindsay was drinking that night.
HUGH GRANT was supposedly close to a deal to replace CHARLIE SHEEN on "TWO AND A HALF MEN." They offered him $1 million per episode, but he dropped out this week due to creative differences.
- THE KILLERS will start work on their new album next week. Drummer Ronnie Vannucci says the band is meeting up next Tuesday to start doing some writing.
- After several teasers, BEYONCE will release her "Run the World (Girls)" music video on Friday morning at 8 Eastern on Vevo.com.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT recently hosted her 4th Annual Cause for Paws charity event in Tyler, Texas. This year's event raised more than $294,000.
- Today: Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Dustin Hoffman; actor Will Ferrell; writers Trey Parker and Matt Stone; actresses Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper
- Good Morning America: Ellen Pompeo; journalist Ashleigh Banfield
- CBS Early Show: President Obama's town hall meeting on the economy
- Regis & Kelly: Penelope Cruz; actor Chris Hemsworth
- The View: Ellen Pompeo; author Chaz Bono; performance from the cast of "Anything Goes."
- Ellen DeGeneres: Shania Twain; beauty expert Kym Douglas
The Bowl Championship Series hit the Fiesta Bowl with sanctions including a $1 million fine, but let them stay in the BCS. Fiesta Bowl officials were accused of excessive spending and possible illegal political contributions.
How many beers can you drink before it's unsafe to drive? In the case of Vero Beach, Florida's 50-year-old Sheila Ann Keatings it Depends. After crashing her SUV into a pole twice, police arrived to find Keatings trying to get back in the vehicle while pulling up her underwear and shorts. Keatings told the officer she'd had about eight Bud Lights and it was then the cop noticed her bowel movements secreting from her underwear and small quantities on the ground leading from the rear of her vehicle to the driver's seat. Yes, Miss Poopy Pants was busted for DUI.
1971: Mick Jagger married Bianca Macias in St. Tropez
baseball's Yogi Berra 86