Bits and Pieces - May 24, 2011
May 24, 2011
The new season of The Bachelorette premiered last night. Among the 25 men competing is one divorced guy. It was nice to see Charlie Sheen back on TV.
'X-Factor' judge CHERYL COLE may be getting ready to dump boyfriend DEREK HOUGH, of Dancing with the Stars. They've been dating for about a year and word is Cheryl has been asked to cut him loose by the Fox network. While she's big in Britain, not too many people in America know her and Fox apparently thinks that if she were single it would be better for her career and their TV ratings. The buzz is that Cheryl is torn about it since Hough was there for her when she went through a nasty divorce and a near fatal bout with malaria. On the other hand, sources say she's willing to do anything to become famous in the U.S.
Last night on "DANCING WITH THE STARS," both Hines Ward and partner, Kym Johnson, and Chelsea Kane and her partner, Mark Ballas, scored 59 out of a total 60 points. However, at 54 points, Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy could be the sentimental favorites to win tonight.
- Look for U2 performing on the "American Idol" season finale tomorrow night.
- KEYSHIA COLE married Cleveland Cavaliers guard Daniel "Boobie" Gibson over the weekend. He later Tweeted: "It's OFFICIAL!!!!! #Done & #TrulyBlessed...Mr. & Mrs. Gibson. We appreciate all the Well Wishes!" The couple began dating in 2009 and had a son together March 2010.
- TAYLOR SWIFT'S dress rehearsal benefit concert in Nashville on Saturday night raised over $750,000 for disaster relief efforts for the recent storms in the South.
- ABC: The Dancing With the Stars winner is named
- CBS: NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles reruns
- Fox: American Idol's final two compete and the Glee season finale
- NBC: Biggest Loser season finale and The Voice are new
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats repeats
- TNT: NBA hoops with the Bulls at Heat
- Versus: Hockey with the Sharks at Canucks
The Dallas Mavericks overcame a 15-point deficit with five minutes left and beat the Thunder 112-105 in overtime to take a 3-1 series lead.
In Comstock Township, Michigan a group of teenagers jumped off a bridge into the Kalamazoo River on Saturday to celebrate that the world did not end. However, Harold Camping's prediction of the world ending did come true for 18-year-old Anthony Alexander Johnson. While celebrating mankind's continued existence, his own came to an end as he was swept away in the river's current.
2001: 15-year-old Temba Tsheri became the youngest person to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
comedian Tommy Chong (Cheech and Chong, That 70's Show) 73