Bits and Pieces - May 25, 2011
May 25, 2011
Queen Elizabeth II hosted a State dinner for President Obama at Buckingham Palace last night. This is the second queen Obama has met counting Queen Latifah
The latest on the ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER saga is that the story was leaked to the media by MARIA SHRIVER'S own people because she was so cheesed off at him! TMZ says that when Maria first found out, she was so "hysterical" she wanted to hold a news conference to reveal all, but her friends talked her out of it and eventually they came up with the plan to leak the news. Meanwhile, Maria has told friends she's filing for divorce, possibly as early as this week, and rumor has it that's she's hired a private investigator to dig into Arnold's past, particularly to find out if there are any more Arnold juniors crawling around.
HINES WARD can put his new mirror-ball trophy next to his Super Bowl trophy. The Steelers wide receiver and professional partner Kym Johnson danced past Kirstie Alley and Chelsea Kane to win the "DANCING WITH THE STARS" title.
- PEARL JAM will hold two concerts on Labor Day weekend at East Troy, Wisconsin's Alpine Valley Music Theatre to commemorate their 20th anniversary. Also on the bill will be THE STROKES, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MUDHONEY and others. Members of Pearl Jam's fan club can buy tickets for the event now.
- SNOOP DOGG is in talks to star in the British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother." Word is that they've also approached Charlie Sheen.
- VH1 is giving MIRANDA LAMBERT the "Behind the Music" treatment. Miranda's episode is set to premiere July 13th.
- Jay Leno: Chaz Bono; animal expert Brady Barr; Foster the People performs
- David Letterman: Piedmont Bird Callers; actor Kevin Bacon; Augustana performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jesse Tyler Ferguson; actress Sarah Vowell; Maybach Music Group performs with Rick Ross
- Conan: Animal expert Dave Salmoni; actor Kevin Nealon; Ben Harper performs
- George Lopez: Ken Jeong; TV host Kara DioGuardi
- Jimmy Fallon: Lucy Liu; football player Justin Tuck; Wavy Gravy; David Crosby
- Craig Ferguson: Norm Macdonald; journalist Julie McCarthy; Oh Land performs
- Carson Daly: Filmmaker Todd Phillips; documentary "Buck."
The family of the San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten outside Dodger Stadium is suing team owner Frank McCourt and the Dodgers. They claim that the McCourt's nasty divorce battle has forced them to cut back on stadium security.
A Gastonia, North Carolina couple went to a Bojangles restaurant drive up window and ordered chicken legs. However, when they were told the restaurant had run out of chicken legs, the man got a tad upset. By 'a tad upset,' we mean he twice asked, "You don't have any f***ing legs?" When he was told 'no,' the man said "Here's a f***ing leg for you," and pulled his jeans and boxer shorts down and fully exposed himself. Drive-through worker Jacqueline Green said, "He did it gradually. It's going to be forever engrained in my head." They got the guy's license plate number and he was eventually arrested. Fans of irony will choke on their chicken when they hear that his name is Jason Douglas Gross.
2006: Former Enron chiefs Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling were convicted of conspiracy and fraud
actor Sir Ian McKellen (The Lord of the Rings, The Da Vinci Code, X-Men) 72