Bits and Pieces - May 27, 2011
May 27, 2011
The new season of So You Think You Can Dance premiered last night. You can tell it's going to be a bad season because one of the contestants is a white guy.
Wrapping up the leftover AMERICAN IDOL news...SCOTTY MCCREERY and LAUREN ALAINA are not dating. She planted a kiss on him during the finale and later told Entertainment Tonight, "He might be my boyfriend...Ask him!" It turns out she was just messing with reporters and someone did ask Scotty and he said, "It's more like a brother/sister thing. She told me before the show yesterday that she would do that as a joke. She's a character. She's lovely." He did add: "We're really close friends. I met her day one of Hollywood Week and we were schoolmates through the whole experience."
The fourth season of TRUE BLOOD will premiere on June 26th, but if you just can't wait, HBO will offer up a sneak peek of the first 3 minutes of the season premiere Sunday night at 9 o'clock.
- DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE'S new album, Codes and Keys, will be out next week. If you just can't wait, it's now streaming on the Rolling Stone magazine website. (Hear here)
- SNOOP DOGG has launched a spoof news show on his YouTube channel. Snoop plays fictional anchorman Nemo Hoes on the Double G News Network in weekly episodes that'll cover controversial news topics and conspiracy theories.
- SHANIA TWAIN will get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The ceremony will be held next Thursday.
- ABC: Jamie Oliver Food Revolution reruns and a new 20/20
- CBS: Flashpoint, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods reruns
- Fox: A Bones repeat
- NBC: Friday Night Lights is new; Dateline is a repeat
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural reruns
- Versus: Hockey with the Lightning at Bruins
San Francisco Giants' catcher Buster Posey could be out for the season after breaking his leg in a home plate collision in the 12th inning of Wednesday night's 7-6 loss to the Florida Marlins.
When Sandusky, Ohio's 34-year-old Marquis Bates happened upon the scene of a traffic accident, he pulled over and offered his assistance to the officers because he knew the individuals involved. Bates provided more assistance than he intended when officers noticed he was unsteady on his feet and reeked of alcohol. Bates lost his balance and bumped into an officer, who asked how much he had to drink. Bates denied drinking anything, although arresting officers noted that the front of Bates' pants were wet from where he had apparently urinated on himself.
1961: The first black light went on sale
actor Christopher Lee (Lord of the Rings, The Golden Compass, Sleepy Hollow) 79