Bits and Pieces - June 1, 2011
June 1, 2011
Sarah Palin visited Donald Trump yesterday. Unfortunately, the meeting didn't go too well. Palin mistook Donald's hair for a squirrel and shot it.
You've probably seen the photos of JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ frolicking on the beach in Hawaii the last couple of days and yesterday someone posted a photo of the Beebs giving Selena a foot massage. No, the zillions of teenybopper girls who somehow think they have a shot are not pleased. The online death threats have ramped up again with such rants as: "Dear Selena Gomez. I hate you more than life. Go jump off a cliff. K?" Others include: "Stay away from Justin, pedophile. I'm gonna kill ya in the night underneath your smelly bed" and "Selena Gomez is dangerously close to a long, slow painful death." Oh, by the way, little miss rocket scientists, threatening someone's life is a crime and those Twitter accounts are easily traceable.
NBC has announced that THE VOICE will get the coveted post-Super Bowl time slot next February. Of course, it won't be so coveted if the football season gets canceled and there is no Super Bowl.
- GREEN DAY'S BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG sent out a series of Tweets saying he and the band are working on new music. Yesterday morning he Tweeted, "Ok here's the scoop. GD has been jamming new songs every day. There's a ton of new songs. The direction is fresh and hi energy. Feels great."
- If you want to be titillated by CIARA, today's your lucky day! Ciara tells Us Magazine, "I feel the sexiest when I'm by myself, walking around nude. I have this new obsession with nudity, it's really weird. It may sound weird, but I just really love embracing the body."
- SCOTTY MCCREERY - you just won American Idol...what are you going to do? Yes, he went to Disney World, where they held a parade in his honor at their Hollywood Studios theme park. Scotty also sang "I Love You This Big" in front of The American Idol Experience attraction.
- ABC: The Middle, Modern Family, Cougar Town and Happy Endings reruns
- CBS: Rules of Engagement, Criminal Minds and Blue Bloods repeats
- Fox: So You Think You Can Dance
- NBC: Stanley Cup Finals with the Bruins at Canucks
- CW: America's Next Top Model reruns
- ESPN: Baseball with the Giants at Cardinals
The NHL's Atlanta Thrashers have been purchased by a Canadian group that plans to move the team to Winnipeg next season. The move needs NHL approval, which is expected to be a formality at the board of governors meeting on June 21st.
I see your MTV '16 and Pregnant' and raise you the BBC3's 'Misbehaving Mums to Be.' One of the show's mums-to-be, 20-year-old Charlie Wilcox, smoked some 3,500 cigarettes while she was pregnant. Despite medical evidence to the contrary, not only does Charlie say she didn't harm her daughter, she believes her smoking made her baby stronger. Despite baby Lilly being born premature and having a low birth weight, Charlie's rationale is that by cutting off the oxygen supply she made her daughter's heart work harder, making her stronger in the long run.
1991: Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines erupted for the first time in 600 years
actor Andy Griffith (Matlock, Andy Griffith Show, A Face in the Crowd) 85