Bits and Pieces - June 2, 2011
June 2, 2011
Shaquille O'Neal is retiring from basketball. The bad news is Shaq didn't say he was retiring from the movies or rap music.
The battle of the supposed nude photos of Gossip Girl star BLAKE LIVELY is heating up! After Blake's rep said the photos were fake and threatened to sue any publication that ran them, the supposed hacker posted 17 more photos last night. While some of the photos sure look like Blake, others show a woman's body with tattoos and no face and Blake has no known ink.
PATRICK DEMPSEY'S rep is frantically trying to clarify statements he made about leaving Grey's Anatomy after next season. The rep says Dempsey was referring to the fact that his contract is up at the end of next season and he has no idea what the future holds. In Hollywood speak, that usually means 'throw a boat load of money at me and I might stay.'
- It might be a little difficult to find the new ARCTIC MONKEYS album at certain retail chains when it comes out next week. The album is called Suck It And See and those stores who find the title offensive plan to cover it up with a sticker.
- SEAN KINGSTON reportedly suffered a broken jaw, fractured wrist and water in his lungs in that jet-ski accident. He's expected to make a full recovery within six weeks. The woman that was with him only suffered minor injuries and says she has no plans to sue.
- Who needs the Blowfish when you have a tough security guard? DARIUS RUCKER was performing in Boca Raton a few weeks ago when some dude tried to try to rush the stage. However, the security guy flew in, and tossed the guy off the stage while Rucker never missed a beat. (See and hear here - around 1:17 in).
- Jay Leno: Ed Helms; actress Chelsea Kane; Iron & Wine performs
- David Letterman: Will Ferrell; Twilight Singers perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jason Sudeikis; TV host Piers Morgan; Lykke Li performs
- Conan: Jake Gyllenhaal; TV personality Randy Jackson; Little Big Town
- George Lopez: Rainn Wilson; rapper Lil Jon; Panic! At the Disco performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Maya Rudolph; actor Nick Offerman; Lauryn Hill performs
- Craig Ferguson: Dick Van Dyke; author Kristin Gore
- Carson Daly: Director Jason Winer; musical group Oh Land; The Soundtrack of Our Lives perform
Shaquille O'Neal is calling it quits. Shaq sent a Tweet to fans yesterday saying, "We did it. Nineteen years, baby. I want to thank you very much. That's why I'm telling YOU first. I'm about to retire. Love you. Talk to you soon." The Los Angeles Lakers say they plan to retire Shaq's No. 34.
A United Airlines flight from Washington D.C. to Ghana was forced to return to D.C., but not before a pair of Air Force F-16 fighter jets were scrambled to meet the plane as the pilots dumped most of its 16,700 gallons of fuel so it would be light enough to land. And what prompted the emergency? Two passengers got into a fight when one reclined his seat into the "personal space" of another passenger and fellow passengers intervened in an attempt to settle the matter.
1941: Lou Gehrig died from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
actress Nikki Cox (Las Vegas, Nutty Professor 2, Nikki) 33