Bits and Pieces - June 6, 2011
June 6, 2011
The MTV Movie Awards were on last night. My favorite part was the montage of undead Twilight characters.
Lawyers for JENNIFER LOPEZ will be in court today to try and stop that honeymoon video of hers from being released. Ex-husband Ojani Noa has reportedly gotten offers in the millions for the tape that shows some nudity and spanking. However, J.Lo's lawyers say they've misinterpreted a judge's ruling and that he doesn't have legal permission to sell the tape.
Season 4 of JERSEY SHORE will debut August 4th on MTV. They'll also air a special on July 28th chronicling the show's rise to fame. MTV has also announced plans to shoot season five right after they're done shooting four, although they may have jumped the gun by telling the world before telling the cast, who reportedly want to take a break between seasons.
- RICHIE SAMBORA is out of rehab and is rejoining BON JOVI for the European leg of their tour. They're scheduled to play in Croatia on Wednesday.
- EMINEM is suing carmaker Audi, claiming they sampled his song "Lose Yourself" in an advertisement for one of their cars. However, Audi says it's not a commercial and that the video was not shown in the U.S. Not only that, Eminem's lawyers say the Audi video is similar to the ad Eminem made for Chrysler and was paid for. (See and hear, compare and contrast here)
- TRACE ADKINS' home is a total loss after a weekend fire. Adkins' two youngest children were home at the time of the fire, but the good news is that they escaped without injury.
- Today: Actors Matt Bomer and Piper Perabo; Kate Gosselin; Randy Travis and Josh Turner perform
- Good Morning America: Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian; former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum (R) makes an announcement; TV-show host Rachael Ray.
- CBS Early Show: TBA
- Regis & Kelly: Kyle Chandler; actor Matt Bomer; co-host Mark Consuelos
- The View: Author Larry King
- Ellen DeGeneres: Tina Fey; Mike Posner performs
The Detroit Pistons fired coach John Kuester on Sunday, just four days after Tom Gores completed an agreement to buy the team.
Larry Wayne Kelly sped through Ensley, Florida in his pickup while firing an assault rifle before stopping for target practice at L&T Seafood Market. This little rampage attracted the attention of local police and during a brief chase, Larry tried to sideswipe a patrol car and repeatedly rammed deputies' vehicles until he crashed and was dragged from his truck. Larry told cops he was a sovereign citizen and that he didn't have to obey law enforcement officers. Larry is now mulling that over in jail and police say that inside his truck, along with weapons, they found the book The Sociopath Next Door. What prompted Larry's little fit? He got mad when he called the seafood place and was told they were out of crawfish.
1991: NBC announced that Jay Leno would replace Johnny Carson as host of the Tonight Show.
musician Uncle Kracker 37