Bits and Pieces - June 8, 2011
June 8, 2011
Today is Meredith Viera's last day on The Today Show. Meredith was forced out after she sent inappropriate photos of herself via cell phone.
Women involved with New York Congressman ANTHONY WEINER are starting to come out of the woodwork. Among them is porn actress Ginger Lee, who claims Weiner told her to lie about their correspondence and even told her what to say to the press. However, where it gets really sticky is that Weiner offered to set her up with someone from his 'team' to help her handle the press. If that person is a member of his congressional staff that could be a violation of the law. Meanwhile, the original recipient of Weiner's wiener shot, 21-year-old journalism student Gennette Cordova, says she thinks the picture was meant for Ginger and ended up in her Twitter account by accident. Ironically, Gennette was voted "most likely to be involved in a tabloid scandal" in high school. There's also 26-year-old Megan Broussard, a single mom from Texas, who received dozens of emails, photos, Facebook messages and cell phone calls, which she sold to ABC News for $10,000. Finally, there's 40-year-old Las Vegas blackjack dealer Lisa Weiss, who now regrets ever getting involved with Weiner because the scandal is ruining her life. Weiss released all of her steamy exchanges with Weiner to a reporter, but says she didn't do it to hurt him and didn't know it would be that big a deal.
The third season of REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY is just getting started, but Bravo has already renewed the series for a fourth season.
- AEROSMITH will reunite with veteran producer Jack Douglas next month to begin work on their next album. The band will take a break to do a South American tour starting October 22nd and they'll tour the U.S. when they finish recording the album.
- FLAVOR FLAV has written his memoir, called 'Flavor Flav: Icon.' In it, he reveals that he was spending $2,600 a day on drugs for six years, every single day. Flav says, "Yeah I don't know how much that is but if you did the math, wow, I went through a lot of money." So you don't have to do the math, it's $5.7 million.
- Another new single from American Idol champ SCOTTY MCCREERY has leaked, called "Out of Summertime." However, it was apparently not an intentional leak as the record company is pulling it down from online sites as soon as they find it.
- Jay Leno: Jada Pinkett Smith; actress Elle Fanning; Lenka performs
- David Letterman: Jon Cryer; Roy Haynes performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Carson Daly; rapper Flavor Flav; I See Stars performs
- Conan: Stuntman Steven Ho; actor Peter Sarsgaard; Death Cab For Cutie performs
- George Lopez: Actor Terry Crews; James Adomian performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Glenn Close; actress Zoe Kravitz; zoologist Jeff Musial; Joe Jackson performs
- Craig Ferguson: Heather Graham; actor Chris Gorham
- Carson Daly: Director Evan Glodell; musical group Black Milk; The Black Angels, Nicole Atkins and The Black Sea perform
The NFL and its players held secret talks yesterday in New York. No word on how much, if any, progress was made.
In South Memphis, 48-year-old Joseph Hayes brought a gun to a party. No, it wasn't a gang party. Joseph whipped out his gun and threatened the host of a child's birthday party, yelling at the victim: "Y'all didn't save my kids no damn ice cream and cake." Joseph also said, "I ain't scared to go to jail." That's a good thing because jail is exactly where police took Joseph.
1966: The NFL announced a merger between the National and American Football Leagues would take effect in 1970.
rapper Kanye West 34