Bits and Pieces - June 10, 2011
June 10, 2011
Last night George Lopez and Conan O'Brien made history by appearing on each others' shows on the same night on the same network. It's not to be confused with the time Jay Leno appeared on Conan's show the night he took it away from him.
So You Think You Can Dance judge MARY MURPHY has revealed that ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER once tried to hit on her makeup artist in an elevator two seconds after they met. She didn't say when this happened, but she did say that just after the door shut, Arnold leaned down and said, 'Do you want to kiss me?'
Even the hissy fit crowd raising a stink wasn't enough to generate interest in the MTV show SKINS. The show is huge, and likely even more racy in Britain, but the U.S. version didn't click and MTV has pulled the plug.
- BONO and THE EDGE will take the stage at the Tony Awards Sunday night. It's believed that they'll introduce a performance from their musical Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark featuring the show's stars Reeve Carney and Jennifer Damiano.
- FLO RIDA was busted for DUI early yesterday morning in Miami Beach. Apparently doing everything he could to attract the attention of police, Flo was behind the wheel of a $1.7-million Bugatti sports car while driving erratically. Aside from the police, the incident attracted a crown of bystanders, who urged cops to let him go. Flo was about twice the legal limit and the report noted his phone number is 305-528-2786.
- VINCE GILL got to play a guitar that was owned by the late DUANE ALLMAN when he did a benefit show for the Alzheimer's Association in Macon, Georgia last month. Vince said he had chills running down his spine.
- ABC: A Shark Tank rerun, plus a new Jamie Oliver Food Revolution and 20/20
- CBS: Flashpoint, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods reruns
- Fox: Bones and Lie to Me repeats
- NBC: Stanley Cup finals with the Bruins at Canucks
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural reruns
Dwyane Wade bruised his left hip on a first-quarter drive in last night's NBA Finals game and went to the locker room for evaluation. He missed about 5 minutes of the first half and didn't return until 4:33 remaining in the third quarter.
Dorset, England's 44-year-old Mark Wilkinson bought a 16-foot cabin cruiser he intended to use to go fishing. Apparently having somewhat of a sense of humor, Mark decided to name his boat the Titanic II. Unfortunately, irony shared Mark's sense of humor and on his first voyage, his new boat sank. Mark had to be rescued from the harbor and he says, "I'm fed up with people asking me if I hit an iceberg."
2007: The final episode of "The Sopranos" aired on HBO
Britain's Prince Philip 90