Bits and Pieces - June 15, 2011
June 15, 2011
Hugh Hefner and his fiancee Crystal Harris have called off their wedding. It's terrible news. Since the announcement, stock in Viagra has dropped 50 percent.
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S baby mama sat down to talk with Hello magazine. Mildred Baena says that when her son Joseph found out that Arnold was his father last year, his response was: "Cool!" It's still unclear when Arnold found out. Mildred said she knew Arnold was the father and thought that maybe as Joseph got older and began to look like him, Arnold would wonder, but she says he never said anything to her. However, when Joseph would occasionally come around the Schwarzenegger home, there were whispers, which eventually got back to Maria Shriver. Mildred said that Maria would tell her things like 'If you ever need to talk, I'm here,' before finally confronting her. Mildred says they both cried when she confessed and she went on to say she loves and respects Maria and hopes she and Arnold can work things out. (See the kid's picture here)
JENNIFER LOPEZ says she's "on the fence" about returning to American Idol for a second season. Lopez signed a one-year deal with the show for a reported $12 million. No word on when any sort of decision is due.
- MAROON 5 will release their new single, Moves Like Jagger," next week on iTunes. The song features frontman ADAM LEVINE'S co-judge on "The Voice," CHRISTINA AGUILERA. They'll perform the song on the show next Tuesday.
- Some nasty, homophobic, racist rants appeared on SOULJA BOY'S Facebook page over the weekend. However, he wants everyone to know that he was hacked and that neither he nor anyone on his team were involved.
- ALAN JACKSON is working on his next album, which will be out in the fall and will include his new single "Long Way to Go."
- Jay Leno: Blake Lively; singer Blake Shelton; Scotty McCreery performs
- David Letterman: Jim Carrey; actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley; Todd Rundgren
- Jimmy Kimmel: Chef Gordon Ramsay; Hanson performs
- Conan: Mike Birbiglia; Redlight King performs
- George Lopez: Producer J.J. Abrams; Cee Lo Green; comic Brandon Scott Wolf
- Jimmy Fallon: Cory Monteith; Larry the Cable Guy; Paul Williams performs
- Craig Ferguson: Alfred Molina; comic Joe DeVito
- Carson Daly: Actor Fred Armisen; writer David Seidler; Broken Bells perform
Derek Jeter's run at 3,000 hits is on hold for at least 15 days as the Yankees placed him on the disabled list yesterday with a strained right calf.
Always check your mirrors. Elgin, Illinois' 21-year-old Jose S. Barrera pulled into a local McDonald's drive-through and placed his order. While waiting for his food, Jose decided to enjoy a smoke. Unfortunately, Jose was enjoying a marijuana cigarette. Even worse for Jose, the police officer in line behind him recognized the familiar aroma and saw him blow smoke out the car widow. The final blow for Jose came when he pulled away, committed a traffic violation and the cop found a Tupperware container full of pot in the car and made the McBust.
2003: A trailer containing thousands of copies of the new Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was stolen in London
actor Jim Belushi (According to Jim, K-9, Mr. Destiny) 57