Bits and Pieces - June 20, 2011
June 20, 2011
Yesterday was Father's Day. Thanks to the "19 Kids and Counting" Duggar family, the world has officially run out of Old Spice.
HUGH HEFNER has rebounded nicely after being dumped by fiancée Crystal Harris. Depending on who you believe, Hefner has either started a new relationship with Playboy's Miss January, Anna Sophia Berglund, or former twin girlfriends Karissa and Kristina Shannon...or both! Berglund, who's 24 days older than his former fiancé, has apparently moved into Hefner's bedroom, and the two were said to have been kissing and cuddling during a recent movie night at the Playboy mansion. As for the twins, the Shannon sisters have moved back in, although it's not clear whether they'll also be sharing Hef's bedroom or will have their own rooms. Meanwhile, Crystal spent what would've been her wedding day poolside in Las Vegas while former Hefner girlfriend Holly Madison called it 'a new low' and 'disgusting.'
It's been less than a month since Scotty McCreery won the title of AMERICAN IDOL, but we're just over a week away from the start of next season's auditions. The auditions begin a week from tomorrow at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis.
- After appearing to be making a recovery from his recent stroke, E STREET BAND saxophonist CLARENCE CLEMONS died on Saturday. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN called the loss "immeasurable." On his website, Bruce wrote: "We are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly 40 years. He was my great friend, my partner and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band." Clemons was 69.
- Rapper TONE LOC has resurfaced, but it wasn't for any of the right reasons. He was arrested on Saturday afternoon at a Burbank apartment complex and charged with felony domestic violence after allegedly getting into a physical altercation with his baby mama.
- DIERKS BENTLEY will perform during the 2011 National Hockey League Awards on Wednesday night in Las Vegas. The show will air on Versus in America and on the CBC in Canada.
- Today: Marlo Thomas; tennis players Jim Courier and Monica Seles; chef Ty Bellingham; Michael Bolton performs
- Good Morning America: Cameron Diaz ("Bad Teacher")
- Regis & Kelly: Gwyneth Paltrow; actress Courteney Cox
- The View: Morgan Freeman; guest co-host La La Vazquez
- Ellen DeGeneres: Gwyneth Paltrow; Darren Criss & the Warblers perform
Rory McIlroy won the U.S. Open by eight shots and broke the U.S. Open scoring record held by four players, including Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods, by four strokes.
James Edward Russell devised a cunning escape from the Olympic Corrections Center near Forks, Washington last Tuesday morning. Unfortunately for Russell, his taste of free air was brief. Just after midnight that night he knocked on a cabin door and asked to use the telephone. The man who rented the cabin just happened to be an off-duty guard that recognized the prison garb that Russell was still wearing. After a scuffle and a brief chase, Russell was back behind bars.
1994: British newspapers reported the former Beatles had recorded new material for the first time in 24 years.
actor Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Year One, Kick Ass) 22