Bits and Pieces - June 24, 2011
June 24, 2011
A near-riot broke out during Justin Bieber's appearance at Macy's in New York City yesterday. Justin was later treated for scratches and bruises to his hair.
LINDSAY LOHAN caught another break in court yesterday. After recently saying, "Alcohol is not in my house, so it's just not a part of my life," Lindsay promptly tested positive for alcohol. However, it turns out that Lindsay didn't violate her probation by drinking. The previous judge in her case only required Lindsay to be tested for illegal drugs and only during January and February. Prosecutors noted that Lindsay refused to take two previous tests and asked the judge to reinstate mandatory drug and alcohol testing, but he declined. However, the judge did shut down Lindsay's party house, saying she could only have one friend over at a time. It turns out this latest bit of drama was why Lindsay refused to so that lengthy sit down with The Today Show's Matt Lauer the other night.
Word has it that the current JERSEY SHORE gang will have only one more season until MTV brings a fresh crop of guidos and guidettes in. They just finished filming season four in Italy and after season five wraps, the new crew comes in.
- U2 will headline the Glastonbury festival tonight and they seem a bit nervous about it. Unlike their stage spectaculars, this is pretty much a 'get up there and play' gig, which they haven't done in awhile. Larry Mullen Jr. calls it a challenge and that each band member has a different opinion on the set list, which he says is not good news.
- MISSY ELLIOTT has revealed that she's battling Graves' disease. It's a disorder that affects the thyroid and she says at one point she almost crashed her car because she couldn't keep the brake down and couldn't even use a pen. She's also experienced severe mood swings, dizzy spells, lumps in her throat, bulging eyes and hair loss. Missy will be featured on the season premiere of VH1's Behind the Music next Wednesday.
- SHANIA TWAIN premiered the video for her new single, "Today Is Your Day," online yesterday at Vevo.com. (See and hear here)
- ABC: A Shark Tank rerun, plus a new Jamie Oliver Food Revolution and 20/20
- CBS: Flashpoint, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods reruns
- Fox: Bones and House repeats
- NBC: A Friday Night Lights repeat plus two new Datelines
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural reruns
- Versus: 2011 NHL Draft
Jim Riggleman has quit as manager of the red-hot Washington Nationals. Riggleman wanted management to pick up the 2012 option on his contract, but they didn't want to rush into the decision.
Lucas Jeffrey James accosted two women in St. Petersburg, Florida, spit beer on them and walloped one of them over the head with a bottle. The 23-year-old Lucas then made a hasty getaway on foot, running down an alley and onto the set of a rap music video. Quickly realizing what was going on, Lucas ran straight for the camera and shoved his face into the lens. The film crew handed the video over to police, who released it to the media, which led to Lucas' arrest. Fashizzle.
1971: The NBA modified its four-year eligibility rule to allow for collegiate hardship cases
actress Mindy Kaling (The Office, No Strings Attached, 40 Year Old Virgin) 32