Bits and Pieces - June 27, 2011
June 27, 2011
New York legalized gay marriage on Friday. They say it was the biggest day for the gay community in New York since the Tony Awards.
James Bond star DANIEL CRAIG and actress RACHEL WEISZ were secretly married last Wednesday in New York City. Only four people attended the very intimate ceremony, including Craig's 18-year-old daughter, Ella, and Weisz's 4-year-old son, Henry. They met early last year on the set of the upcoming thriller Dream House, in which they play a married couple.
Word is that JAMES SPADER is in talks to join "The Office" on a regular basis. When we last saw the gang, KATHY BATES was the new boss but, because of her other show, Harry's Law, she can't take the job permanently.
- COLDPLAY posted two new songs, "Major Minus" and "Moving to Mars," on their official website. Both songs are also on their new EP "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," which hit iTunes yesterday.
- RIHANNA may look hot onstage in those stiletto boots, but walking in them is no easy task. Rihanna was performing in Edmonton recently when she took an onstage tumble in said boots. (See here) Meanwhile, CEE-LO GREEN has dropped off the tour as the opening act. The official line is that he wants to devote his full attention to The Voice and to a new album and book.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT will perform a duet with finalist Dia Frampton on the season finale of "The Voice" on Wednesday night.
- Today: Finalists from "The Voice"; actor Kevin James ("Zookeeper"); author Henry Winkler ("I've Never Met an Idiot on the River")
- Good Morning America: Jennifer Aniston ("Horrible Bosses")
- Regis & Kelly: Patrick Dempsey; actor Mark Feuerstein; David Gray performs
- The View: Guest co-host Niecy Nash
- Ellen DeGeneres: Lauren Graham; the cast of "Jersey Shore"; Usher performs
Davey Johnson was named the manager of the Washington Nationals yesterday, three days after Jim Riggleman resigned in a contract dispute. Johnson's first game will be tonight against the Los Angeles Angels.
Police in Bayou George, Florida were speaking to the mother of 33-year-old Anthony Paul Burdeshaw about some chemicals they found in a barn next to the family's home that are often used in the making of meth. Unfortunately, their conversation was interrupted by a text that mom received from her son that read: "Hey Mom can u go to my bedroom and get the glass bowl under the bed and wash it with water really good and don't give the cops permission to search." Yes, cops did get permission to arrest Anthony.
1966: The vampire soap Dark Shadows premiered
producer J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias) 45