Bits and Pieces - June 29, 2011
June 29, 2011
Shia LaBeouf now says he hooked up with Megan Fox while they made the first Transformers film. If it were me, I don't think I'd have said that. I'd have taken out full-page newspaper ads, posted it on billboards, bought a Super Bowl ad...
MEL GIBSON and his wife, Robyn Moore, have finalized their divorce. Mel's lawyer says they're doing some "final polishes" on the paperwork and should have a judgment ready by August 30th. Of course, they're not revealing the details, but Gibson is worth an estimated $900 million.
THE VOICE has added Stevie Nicks, Train lead singer Pat Monahan and OneRepublic singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder to the lineup of tonight's big finale.
- After U2'S 360 Tour ends on July 30th in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, the band says The Claw will live on! The Claw is the alien-like, four-legged structure over the stage and they plan to sell off three of the four, 29,000-square-foot steel legs to be used as individual venues. They've already had a number of sales inquiries even before putting the word out.
- LIL WAYNE says he intends to retire in the next few years. He hinted that Tha Carter IV may turn out to be his final album and that continuing his music career indefinitely would be unfair to his four children. Tha Carter IV is due out on August 29th.
- You can now pre-order BLAKE SHELTON'S new album, "Red River Blue," on iTunes and get some bonus tracks and five pre-order live tracks from "Blake Shelton Live: It's All About Tonight." Wal-Mart will also offer a CD/DVD exclusive which will include the live DVD.
- Jay Leno: Larry David; Bachelorette Ashley Hebert; Pitbull performs with Ne-Yo
- David Letterman: Patrick Dempsey; Marty Stuart performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kevin Nealon; TV host Dave Salmoni; Parachute performs
- Conan: Liv Tyler; actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar; Jon Dore performs
- George Lopez: Cedric the Entertainer; Founder of Saving Wildlife International Steve Mehrans
- Jimmy Fallon: Lucy Liu; football player Justin Tuck; entertainer Wavy Gravy; David Crosby and Graham Nash perform
- Craig Ferguson: Mary-Louise Parker; comic Dom Irrera
- Carson Daly: Blogger Kelly Oxford; photographer Timothy Allen; Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion perform
Representatives for NBA players and owners will meet again tomorrow, just hours before the collective bargaining agreement expires. Commissioner David Stern says that's still enough time for a deal, although there's no word on how close the two sides are.
Cowpens, South Carolina's 47-year-old Alan Ray Walker walked into a convenience store and headed for the restroom. After about 15 minutes, the clerk saw Walker leave the office with his thing inside a money bag and his pants on the floor. The clerk told Walker he wasn't supposed to have the bag and, after a brief argument, Walker handed the bag to another clerk and left. Police arrived and you won't be surprised to hear that the last sentence of the story involves the arresting officers finding a glass pipe, cocaine and a .25-caliber handgun in Walker's truck.
1971: Memphis officials renamed the street that passes Graceland Elvis Presley Blvd.
actor Gary Busey (Detour, Buddy Holly Story, Lethal Weapon) 67