Bits and Pieces - June 30, 2011
June 30, 2011
Lindsay Lohan had her electronic monitoring equipment removed yesterday after 35 days of house arrest. No doubt 35 days of partying with her friends in a luxurious beachside condo will teach Lindsay a lesson.
CHARLIE SHEEN admits in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated that he used steroids to prepare for his role as Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn in the movie Major League. Charlie told the magazine, "Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids. I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this, I don't give a f---. My fastball went from 79 to like 85."
JAVIER COLON was the winner on THE VOICE last night. Colon once had a Capitol Records contract and was coached on the show by Adam Levine
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN has released a slightly revised version of his eulogy for CLARENCE CLEMONS. After Springsteen delivered the eulogy he performed an acoustic version of "10th Avenue Freeze-Out" and ended the ceremony by performing Clemmons' hit "You're A Friend of Mine" with Jackson Browne and members of The E Street Band. (See here)
- Two unreleased tracks from TUPAC SHAKUR have surfaced online. The songs, "Watch Ya Mouth" and "NY '87," were recorded at the height of the West and East Coast rap war and he disses Nas, Notorious B.I.G., Mobb Deep and Dr. Dre, among others. (Hear here - check for language)
- Just in time for Independence Day, GLORIANA is offering "Soldier Song" as a free download from their Facebook page and at their website at Gloriana.com. The song was inspired by their experiences entertaining the troops in the Middle East last November and it'll be on their upcoming album.
- Today: Actors Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks; actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley; chef Giada De Laurentiis; author Linda Hogan; actor Zach Braff
- Good Morning America: July Fourth trends; chef Sunny Anderson
- Regis & Kelly: Actor Shia LaBeouf; Jill Scott performs
- The View: Lady Gaga
- Ellen DeGeneres: Hilary Duff, Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani, One eskimO
Sports ShirtNFL players and owners will join commissioner Roger Goodell and players' head DeMaurice Smith in Minnesota for more labor talks today and tomorrow. Still no word on how close or far apart they are from a deal being reached.
DuhWhen President Obama made an appearance at the Alcoa factory in Davenport, Iowa on Tuesday, he was greeted by a lone protester. While that may be odd news in itself, did the protester claim that Obama was A.) a Muslim; B.) a Socialist; or C.) an Alien? If you guessed "C", you'd be correct. Not only that, Richard McCaslin said he didn't believe Obama to be the only alien president the United States has ever had. McCaslin says, "Every American president has British peerage, and royalty has always said they have the right to rule by their bloodline. Their ancestors weren't human; they were aliens, probably of the reptilian type."
History Lesson2001: Doctors implanted a pacemaker in Vice President Dick Cheney's chest.
swimmer Michael Phelps 26