Bits and Pieces - July 1, 2011
July 1, 2011
Former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson turns 44 today. Coincidentally, Pam also turned 44 after her last breast enhancement.
Tudors star JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS was hospitalized in London Tuesday night after what was reported as a suicide attempt. Paramedics were called to his home where he was found slumped on the floor after an apparent overdose of pills. Meyers was released from the hospital the next day and had no comment for reporters. Meyers has been to rehab five times and a friend later said it wasn't a suicide attempt, but just another relapse.
All four coaches from THE VOICE - Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton - will be back for the show's second season, which starts early next year.
- LYNYRD SKYNYRD has started work on a new album. They're almost done with the songwriting and, after some summer and fall touring, they plan to hit the studio in November to record. Also coming this fall is the Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer restaurant at Las Vegas' Excalibur Hotel & Casino.
- JAY-Z and KANYE WEST'S album, Watch the Throne, could be coming out on July 4th. They've been trying to keep the release a surprise and it'll likely be digital-only to avoid leaks.
- TAYLOR SWIFT will give fans a behind the scenes look at the making of her video for "Mean" this Sunday on the GAC-TV special "On The Set With Taylor Swift: Mean."
- ABC: A Shark Tank rerun, plus a Primetime: What Would You Do and 20/20
- CBS: Flashpoint, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods reruns
- Fox: Bones and House repeats
- NBC: Friday Night Lights and Dateline reruns
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural reruns
- ESPN: NASCAR Nationwide Series: Subway Jalapeno 250 From Daytona
NBA players and owners failed to reach a new collective bargaining agreement before last night's deadline, triggering a lockout. Owners turned down a final proposal from the players that they say would've raised average player salaries to $7 million in the sixth year of the deal.
Nottingham, England's Luke Yeomans opened his first pet shop when he was 16. Alarmed at the depletion of the king cobra's natural habitat in Southeast Asia and India, he started a breeding program three years ago to ensure the survival of the species. The breeding program was a success and Luke soon had 24 cobras in his home and scoffed at those who said he endangered his life by living with deadly snakes. In fact, Luke was due to open his king cobra sanctuary to the public this weekend. Unfortunately, those plans changed when Luke failed to ensure the survival of himself as he had a heart attack after being bitten by one of the cobras.
1961: The first community air-raid shelter was built in Boise, Idaho and had a capacity of 1,000 people with family memberships selling for $100
actress Liv Tyler (That Thing You Do, U-Turn, The Incredible Hulk) 34