Bits and Pieces - July 7, 2011
July 7, 2011
President Obama hosted a town hall meeting on Twitter yesterday. It was going pretty well until he received a Tweet from former Congressman Anthony Weiner.
As you might've suspected, Comedy Central now admits they purposely scheduled CHARLIE SHEEN'S upcoming roast to air opposite of Ashton Kutcher's debut on Two and a Half Men. But, what you probably won't hear during the roast are jokes about Charlie's ex-wife, Brooke Mueller. Her lawyers have reportedly fired off a letter to Comedy Central demanding that she remain "completely off-limits" or else. However, a Comedy Central rep says neither Sheen nor the network will put any restrictions on the content...which they say scares even them!
JAMES SPADER has officially signed on to play new Dunder Mifflin CEO Robert California on THE OFFICE this season.
- AEROSMITH is in the studio working on their next album. Earlier this week, drummer Joey Kramer Tweeted: "Aerosmith hits the studio with Jack Douglas today. One word bout 1st day in studio 'Inspiring.'" He also Tweeted a photo of himself in a recording studio with producer Jack Douglas.
- OUTKAST will reportedly release a new album early next year, following solo albums by both Big Boi and Andre 3000 that are due out sometime later this year.
- It turns out it was bronchitis that caused TAYLOR SWIFT to postpone last Saturday's show in Louisville. Taylor has also had to postpone three more shows this weekend and hopes to resume her tour a week from tonight in Montreal. The missed shows will be made up this fall.
- Today: Books for the beach; restaurateur Jimmy Bannos
- Good Morning America: TBA
- Regis & Kelly: Jennifer Aniston; Rick Springfield performs
- The View: Author Bristol Palin; Fresh Beat Band performs
- The Talk: Reality-TV stars Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy; David Cook performs; Jenna Elfman guest co-hosts
- Ellen DeGeneres: Patrick Dempsey; Tom Andrews performs
Derek Jeter went 1-for-3 last night and is now within three hits of 3,000. However, the New York Yankees lost to Cleveland 5-3.
Lincoln, Nebraska police happened upon an unnamed 23-year-old man running down the street early Monday morning. What likely caught the attention of the cop was the fact that the man was completely naked. When the cop inquired about his streaking, he told them he was re-enacting a scene from the Will Ferrell movie Old School. Our naked friend was cited for indecent exposure and in what helps to explain everything, the man's 19-year-old brother told the cop, "He's an idiot."
1981: President Reagan nominated Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female US Supreme Court Justice
musician Ringo Starr 71