Bits and Pieces - July 8, 2011
July 8, 2011
On this date in 1969 a patent was given to the game "Twister." Rumor has it that some people even play Twister with their clothes on.
RYAN PHILLIPPE is a dad...probably! He had a brief fling with a woman named Alexis Knapp, which resulted in a trip to the maternity ward nine months later and that day was last Friday. When the buzz first started about Ryan being the father, he had sort of a wait and see attitude, but said that if it did turn out to be his that he'd support it. It turns out Ryan is sold on the baby being his because not only was he in the delivery room with Alexis, he's waiving the DNA test. Incidentally, the baby is a girl and she's named Kai. It's the first baby for Alexis and the third for Philippe, who has two kids with ex-wife Reese Witherspoon.
There's some good news for fans of the canceled soaps ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE. ABC has sold the rights to the shows to an online company that says it'll keep the shows going on the Internet.
- The debut album from SUPERHEAVY, the group featuring Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, A.R. Rahman and Damian Marley, will release its self-titled debut album on September 20th. The first single is called "Miracle Worker" and it'll be released next week.
- Rapper BOW WOW has revealed that he's a father. He apparently kept it secret for awhile because he's concerned about his image. While he revealed that his daughter's name is Shai, he didn't reveal her birth date or the identity of the mother, although they're apparently no longer seeing each other.
- TERRI CLARK will release her new album, called Roots and Wings, digitally on July 26th. If you like to hold a real CD in your hands, that version will be out on September 13th. Guests on the disc include original Sugarland member Kristen Hall and Alison Krauss.
- ABC: Shark Tank and Primetime: What Would You Do reruns; plus 20/20
- CBS: Flashpoint is new; CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are reruns
- Fox: Bones and House repeats
- NBC: A Friday Night Lights repeat and Dateline covers the Casey Anthony case
- CW: Smallville and Supernatural reruns
- ESPN: NASCAR Nationwide Series: Feed the Children 300 From Kentucky Speedway
Derek Jeter hit another double last night in the Yankees' loss to move within two hits of 3,000.
Today's hypocrite in the news is Ohio State Representative Robert Mecklenborg. The lawmaker is a married father of three and a staunch family values Catholic Republican from Cincinnati who gets an "A" from the NRA and was co-sponsor of the state's tough, new anti-abortion law. Yes, it's the same Robert Mecklenborg who was arrested on DUI charges in April and in addition to alcohol, also tested positive for Viagra. If you don't believe the arresting officer, just ask the passenger in Mecklenborg's car at the time: 26-year-old stripper Tiona Roberts.
1994: O.J. Simpson was ordered to stand trial on murder charges
actress Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill, Van Wilder, John Tucker Must Die) 29