Bits and Pieces - July 11, 2011
July 11, 2011
Prince William and Princess Katherine were in Los Angeles over the weekend and visited skid row. Say what you will about the royals, but it was nice of them to stop and see Sarah Ferguson.
The royal couple wrapped up their brief visit to California. PRINCE WILLIAM and PRINCESS KATHERINE arrived on Friday and on Saturday William scored four goals as he led his polo team to victory in Santa Barbara while Kate cheered him on. Later that evening it was a star-studded party hosted by the British Academy of Film & Television Arts with guests such as Tom Hanks, Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lopez. Finally, yesterday morning it was trip to a Los Angeles arts school for inner-city children in the Skid Row area and a jobs fair for military veterans.
JENNIFER LOPEZ will reportedly announce sometime this week that she's returning to AMERICAN IDOL next season. J.Lo had said she was "on the fence" about returning.
- MICHAEL STIPE says R.E.M. is back in the studio working on a new album. They fulfilled their contract with Warner Bros. Records with their March release Collapse Into Now. No word on whether they plan to sign with a label or release the music on their own.
- JAY-Z has revealed that he's already begun work on his next solo album. This comes after just completing his collaborative album with Kanye West, called Watch the Throne.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT will release her next album, Four the Record, on November 1st. She says she's hoping it'll include a duet with husband BLAKE SHELTON.
- Today: Actress Emma Watson; actor Rupert Grint
- Good Morning America: Stylist Rachel Zoe; reality TV's LaRhonda Darby; TV host Chris Harrison
- Regis & Kelly: Kyra Sedgwick; actor Rupert Grint
- The View: Actress Angie Harmon; TV host Ryan Smith
- The Talk: TV host Piers Morgan; actress Anna Deavere Smith
- Ellen DeGeneres: David Beckham; Sara Bareilles performs
The New York Yankees say Alex Rodriguez will undergo arthroscopic surgery today to repair a slight meniscus tear in his right knee. They say A-Rod will be out four to six weeks.
In Brookline, Pennsylvania, George Assenat was attempting to steal copper from a home and got more copper than he bargained for. As fate would have it, the house George broke into to steal copper from belonged to a copper. That would be Police Chief Michael Scott. When a neighbor called 911 after hearing power tools running in the empty house in the middle of the night, Michael's co-workers surrounded the place. When informed he'd hit the police chief's house George said, "It figures." Arresting officers noted that he was a little dejected.
1966: The Newlywed Game premiered
singer Debbie Harry 66