Bits and Pieces - July 12, 2011
July 12, 2011
Baseball's Home Run Derby was held last night. Last night more balls got pounded than in the last Jackass movie.
MILA KUNIS is doing her part for troop morale. Last week, Marine Sgt. Scott Moore, who's stationed in Afghanistan, posted a YouTube video asking Mila to accompany him to the Marine Corps Ball in Greenville, North Carolina, in November. Over the weekend, Fox 411 asked Mila about the invitation during an interview with her Friends With Benefits co-star JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. Justin told her that she needs to do it for her country and Mila agreed!
The TV show FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS will live on in reruns on ESPN. Beginning tonight, ESPN will air the first two episodes back-to-back in primetime, and then do a marathon of season one episodes Thursday on ESPN Classic.
- MORRISSEY is reportedly recovering from hand and arm injuries after being attacked by a dog. According to a fan site, the attack happened somewhere in England, although he was treated for the injury in Sweden, where an x-ray revealed a fractured index finger on his right hand. Despite the injury, Morrissey is continuing with his European tour.
- THE BLACK EYED PEAS are apparently planning some time off. Last week Will.i.am Tweeted: "The @Bep will take a break after the beginning...just like we did from monkey business to the e.n.d...but it doesn't mean we stop creating." They also told an audience in Britain that the show marked the "last time we're going to be in England for a long time."
- CHEYENNE KIMBALL has parted ways with GLORIANA. The group issued a statement wishing her well and saying they'll continue on. They say Kimball took off after their show on Friday without saying a word and didn't respond to their e-mails. The next day she posted message on the group's Twitter page saying she was leaving the band.
- ABC: A Wipeout repeat, plus new episodes of 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show and Combat Hospital
- CBS: NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles reruns and a new 48 Hours Mystery
- Fox: Major League Baseball All-Star Game from Chase Field in Phoenix
- NBC: New and repeat episodes of America's Got Talent
- CW: One Tree Hill and Hellcats repeats
New York Yankee Robinson Cano outslugged the Boston Red Sox Adrian Gonzalez to win baseball's All-Star Home Run Derby last night with a final round score of 12-11.
The Casey Anthony jury has managed to put one person behind bars. That would be Melbourne Beach, Florida's Robert Aydin Hakimoglu. Robert was among a group of people discussing the case at the Melbourne Beach Pier when the discussion became heated when he said he agreed with the jury's decision and that anybody who didn't agree with it is not an American, adding he would like to meet Anthony and maybe have kids with her. Robert then punched a woman in the face and jumped into the Indian River Lagoon to escape police. After a two-hour pursuit, police found Robert sleeping in his bedroom at his parents' house and arrested him on several charges including, yes, an alcohol ordinance violation.
1976: The Family Feud, with host Richard Dawson, premiered
comedian Bill Cosby 73