Bits and Pieces - July 13, 2011
July 13, 2011
Brad Pitt narrated an opening segment before last night's baseball All-Star game. Not only that, during the seventh inning stretch, Brad and Angelina Jolie adopted the Minnesota Twins.
HALLE BERRY can rest a little easier as that guy who kept sneaking onto her property has been arrested. The third time was a charm as the guy was busted on his third break-in attempt in three days. It turns out he wasn't a member of the paparazzi trying to get some pictures, but just some creepy guy with past offenses including car theft, vandalism and several drug busts. This time, Halle's security team was able to get the drop on him and hold him for cops and Halle has been granted a restraining order.
DANCING WITH THE STARS won't be back until the fall, but the rumors have already started. Names in the contestant rumor mill include DINA LOHAN, MIKE TYSON and REGIS PHILBIN.
- If you're going to a FOO FIGHTERS concert you'd better behave! Dave Grohl kicked a fan out their performance at the iTunes Festival in London this week after he saw a guy fighting in the mosh pit. Grohl stopped the song and told the crowd, "I don't put up with that bulls**t - you people came here to have a good time and that guy can f**k off." He then had security 86 the guy before resuming the show.
- DMX has set a new personal record by being tossed back in jail before he was even released. He was due to be released today, but he failed a drug test behind bars and was ordered to spend another 30 days in jail.
- JEWEL and TY MURRAY welcomed their first son on Monday in Texas. Kase Townes Murray weighed in at 7 lbs, 6 oz. and Jewel tells People magazine, "We are overcome with happiness - it really is as great as everyone told us it would be - better even!"
- Jay Leno: Craig Ferguson; actress Rose Byrne; David Cook performs
- David Letterman: Summer toy demonstration; Ryan Gosling; Gomez performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jason Bateman; NFL player Dhani Jones; comic Hannibal Buress
- Conan: Tyler Perry; director Morgan Spurlock; The Strokes perform
- George Lopez: Randy Jackson; tennis player Anna Kournikova; Russell Peters
- Jimmy Fallon: Gabourey Sidibe; singer Blake Shelton; Joe Jonas performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor D.J. Qualls; actress Angela Kinsey
- Carson Daly: Adam Carolla; movie trailer producer Mark Woollen; The Airborne Toxic Event performs
The National League beat the American League 5-1 in last night's Major League Baseball All-Star game. Prince Fielder hit a 3-run homer and was named MVP.
A woman informed Fort Pierce, Florida police that she was concerned for the safety of a 'fat ass cracka' who was drunk and cruising around in his truck trying to buy dope. The fat ass cracka turned out to be 42-year-old David James Herzog and dope wasn't all that he was in the market for. When cops caught up to Herzog he explained that he was trying to buy a little sex and when instructed to get out of his vehicle, his cutoffs fell to the ground. Herzog then chuckled and said, 'Told you, I was trying to get sex!' Herzog also said he'd drunk 10 to 12 Budweisers in six hours, but it was okay because he'd also eaten a ton of food. It turns out it wasn't okay because Herzog was nearly three times the legal limit and admitted he was way too drunk to drive, but that he "really wanted to have sex."
1971: Reggie Jackson hit his famous All-Star Game home run off the light tower in Tiger Stadium
actor Patrick Stewart (X-Men, Star Trek: TNG, L.A. Story) 71