Bits and Pieces - July 14, 2011
July 14, 2011
The 2011 ESPY Awards were handed out last night. It's sort of like the Oscars, except instead of a trophy, winners get a bucket of Gatorade dumped over them.
Several sources have reportedly told Us Weekly magazine that BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE will get married in the next few months. Pitt and Jolie are one of the celebrity couples who've said they didn't want to get married until marriage was legal for everyone. While more and more states are letting gay couples marry, Brad and Angelina may be doing it for their kids. In any case, one source says the ceremony will be intimate and informal.
A few weeks ago, GLEE co-creator Ryan Murphy said that some of the cast would be graduating after the upcoming third season. It turns out that the show will be losing some big names as those graduates will be LEA MICHELE (Rachel Berry), CHRIS COLFER (Kurt Hummel) and CORY MONTEITH (Finn Hudson).
- The new BLINK-182 single "Up All Night" will make its debut tomorrow morning. You'll be able to check it out on the band's website at Blink182.com. It's their first new song in eight years.
- NICKI MINAJ now says she wasn't hit in the face by a male associate during a fight at a Dallas hotel. Nicki even Tweeted: "The fact that u believe a man either slapped or punched me in the face & didn't leave on a stretcher w/his balls hangin off? #getaF%cknLife." However, police say she told them her assistant, Safaree Samuels, struck her in the face with a suitcase, which caused the inside of her lower lip to bleed. Nicki declined to press charges so the case was closed.
- This may explain why CHEYENNE KIMBALL left GLORIANA. Cheyenne Tweeted that she's engaged to musician Benji White. One Tweet went: "Omg!!!!!!!! @benjiwhitemusic just proposed to me!!!!!!! This is the most amazing night of my life!!!!!!!"
- Today: Daniel Radcliffe ("Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2")
- Good Morning America: Primetime Emmy Award nominations
- Regis & Kelly: Daniel Radcliffe; Joss Stone performs
- The View: Roseanne Barr; actress Li Bingbing; producer Wendi Murdoch; guest co-host S.E. Cupp
- The Talk: Actor Tim Daly; actress Tracey Bregman; actor Peter Bergman
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jeff Bridges; The Script performs
Despite being outplayed by underdog France for most of the game, the U.S. women's soccer team pulled out another late win, scoring in the 79th and 82nd minutes to win 3-1. The U.S. goes to Frankfurt to play in the final on Sunday against Japan, who beat Sweden 3-1.
The days of the sensitive singer/songwriter are officially over. When the girlfriend of Beaver County, Pennsylvania songwriter Jason Banks complained that he'd written songs for other women, but not one for her, he did something about it. Unfortunately, instead of writing a song for her, he choked her and hit her in the face. Banks may be singing a different tune following his arrest for assault.
1951: The Molly Pitcher Handicap horse race became the first sporting event to be televised in color.
actor Harry Dean Stanton (The Green Mile, Repo Man, Pretty in Pink) 85