Bits and Pieces - July 18, 2011
July 18, 2011
Japan beat team USA in a shootout to win the Women's World Cup. That means American can now go back to not caring about soccer.
JENNIFER LOPEZ and MARC ANTHONY sent out an announcement Friday evening announcing the end of their marriage. The statement said it was amicable and asked for privacy. While most were surprised, the signs were there. J.Lo attended the big L.A. wingding for Prince William and Duchess Kate with her mother and she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. The buzz is that Lopez had been planning the separation for months because she was tired of Anthony's bad attitude. A source told X17Online, "She couldn't wait to make this announcement. She has been planning this for months but wanted to make sure her assets were protected before she files." While the marriage is dead, their upcoming international reality talent show, "Q'Viva! The Chosen," will go on
TNT has canceled the RAY ROMANO dramedy MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE. It was a Peabody Award winner, but never pulled in the ratings.
- Charlie Gilmour, the son of PINK FLOYD guitarist David Gilmour, was sentenced to 16 months in jail on Friday afterr going on a drug-fueled rampage during a student fees protest in London last December.
- KANYE WEST will reportedly debut his first clothing collection at New York's Fashion Week in September. Kanye has done internships at top design houses Louis Vuitton, Raf Simmons and Fendi and is a regular at fashion week events around the world.
- You'll soon be able to smell like TAYLOR SWIFT! Her first perfume, called Wonderstruck, will hit stores in October. The name Wonderstruck was allegedly inspired by OWL CITY'S ADAM YOUNG, who also inspired her song Enchanted. The perfume is described as "a charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence."
- Today: Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis ("Friends With Benefits"); actor Morgan Freeman; chef Tyler Florence; TV personalities Giuliana and Bill Rancic
- Good Morning America: Personal trainer Chris Powell (Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition)
- Regis & Kelly: Mila Kunis; Andy Grammer performs
- The View: 6-year-old beauty queen Eden Wood ("Toddlers & Tiaras")
- The Talk: Singer Clay Aiken; actress Josie Bissett
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jenny McCarthy; TV host Chris Harrison
Japan came from behind twice - once in regulation and once in extra time and then outscored the USA in a shootout to win the Women's World Cup.
Most everyone in the country knew that a week ago Friday, Casey Anthony was still in jail. Chouteau, Oklahoma's Shireen Nalley was an exception as she told convenience store clerk Sammay Blackwell that she looked like Anthony. In fact, a half hour later when Sammay got off work, Shireen followed her in her van and rammed Sammay's truck. Sammay tried to get away, but Shireen rammed her again, causing her vehicle to flip two and a half times. Police soon caught up with Shireen, who told cops Sammay was killing babies and she was going to stop her before it happened again. Yes, police say Shireen seemed to be on drugs.
1976: Gymnast Nadia Comaneci scored the first perfect 10 at the Summer Olympics
former South African president Nelson Mandela 93