Bits and Pieces - July 20, 2011
July 20, 2011
On this date in 1969 Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon. It was an amazing feat. Imagine nowadays getting an American to walk anywhere.
News Corp. Chairman RUPERT MURDOCH and testified before the British Parliament yesterday regarding the big celebrity phone hacking scandal. Murdoch said he shouldn't be held accountable and placed the blame on his underlings. He added that he was "shocked, appalled and ashamed" of some of the details that have gotten out about his tabloid's criminal practices and called it the most humble day of his life. However, the highlight of the hearing was when a guy who calls himself Johnny Marbles tried to hit Murdoch in the face with a pie! Murdoch got splattered a little, but that was about it as his wife and son were able to deflect the brunt of the pie.
- BLINK-182'S TOM DELONGE now says it was a mistake for the band to temporarily split. DeLonge says there was no major meltdown within the group, but that it was the suits putting pressure on them to produce that led to the split.
- LIL BOOSIE is looking at more time behind bars after he nearly became Very Boosie. He's already locked up in the Louisiana State Penitentiary for drug and gun possession and is facing a first-degree murder charge. He's now facing additional charges of trying to have sizzurp, a drug cocktail that includes prescription codeine, smuggled in to him.
- LEANN RIMES Tweeted that her next album, called "Lady and Gentlemen," will be released September 27th. LeAnn is currently on the road and her next stop is Webster, Massachusetts on Saturday.
- Jay Leno: Daniel Craig; wrestler Anthony Robles; Gavin DeGraw performs
- David Letterman: Jeremy Piven; author Luis Montalvan; Cee Lo Green performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: John Stamos; actress Ashley Benson; Owl City performs
- Conan: Tyler Perry; director Morgan Spurlock; The Strokes perform
- George Lopez: Khloe Kardashian-Odom and Rob Kardashian; actor Michael Rapaport; comic Chris Spencer
- Jimmy Fallon: Ryan Gosling; TV personality Andy Cohen; Joseph Arthur performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jenna Elfman; actor Breckin Meyer; comic Omid Djalili
- Carson Daly: Journalist Robert K. Elder; chef Ludo Lefebvre; Janelle Monae
The San Francisco Giants have picked up infielder Jeff Keppinger from the Houston Astros for two minor-league pitchers.
Radnor, New Jersey's Ryan Letchford and Jeffrey Olson thought it would be fun to break into a constable's van and take photos of themselves pretending to get arrested. Fantasy became reality after they accidentally locked themselves inside the van. When a friend found the goofballs and was unable to get them out, he called 911 and Constable Mike Connor showed up to treat Ryan and Jeffrey to a real arrest and mug shots. Both were charged with attempted theft of a motor vehicle, criminal mischief and, yes, public drunkenness. Constable Connor said, "I came down and unlocked the doors, and 'Dumb and Dumber' pranced out of the van. They looked a little embarrassed."
1976: The Viking 1 robot spacecraft landed on Mars
dancer/singer Julianne Hough (Dancing with the Stars) 23