Bits and Pieces - July 21, 2011
July 21, 2011
Tiger Woods has split from his longtime caddie. Under the split, the caddie gets the mansion in Florida, a large cash settlement and joint custody of the clubs.
A British judge has awarded HUGH GRANT the right to see evidence that could reveal whether he was one of those whose phones were illegally hacked by journalists and a private investigator working for Rupert Murdoch's News of the World tabloid. The private investigator in question has been in jail the past four years for hacking into royal family phones, but until now no one has been allowed to see the evidence.
The latest DANCING WITH THE STARS rumors have NICOLE 'SNOOKI' POLIZZI, ROB KARDASHIAN and CHRISTINA MILIAN hitting the ballroom floor. Mike Tyson's name was also in the rumor mill, but his rep denies.
- THE DECEMBERISTS will release an 8-song iTunes Session on August 2nd. The set will include live versions of old and new songs, starting from the band's first EP "5 Songs," to its most recent release, "The King Is Dead."
- R. KELLY is on the DL after emergency throat surgery in Chicago. Surgeons drained an abscess on one of his tonsils on Tuesday and they say Kelly will be "laid up indefinitely".
- So, how exactly did TIM MCGRAW break his foot? It turns out that even he doesn't know. While he seems to think it happened during one of his shows, perhaps where he jumps off speakers, he didn't realize it was broken right away. However, McGraw says the pain kept getting worse and when it finally got to where he couldn't walk and it was really swollen he saw a doctor and discovered it was broken. Tim will be in a corrective boot for four more weeks.
- Today: Actor Aidan Quinn ("Sarah's Key")
- Good Morning America: TV host Tyra Banks
- Regis & Kelly: Adrian Grenier; Aretha Franklin performs
- The View: LaToya Jackson; celebrity gossip
- The Talk: Reality TV stars Bruce and Kris Jenner
- Ellen DeGeneres: Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis; Lady Gaga performs
Assuming the NFL lockout is settled soon, Peyton Manning will miss the start of the Indianapolis Colts' training camp after recently undergoing neck surgery.
Joel Blanchard has been sentenced to 45 days in jail after police found him living illegally in a camper near Half Moon Bay, California. No, that's not what earned the 65-year-old Blanchard his time in the hoosegow. It seems Blanchard started a brushfire. This occurred while he was smoking meth...with a blowtorch...near a container of gunpowder that he'd been stockpiling. Blanchard left the torch burning unattended, causing the container of gunpowder to explode, which led police to the convicted felon's loaded gun and 300 feet of detonation cord.
1931: Ted Husing hosted the very first program on CBS television. The guests included singer Kate Smith and composer George Gershwin.
actor Josh Hartnett (Sin City, Lucky Number Slevin, Black Hawk Down) 33