Bits and Pieces - July 28, 2011
July 28, 2011
Jeopardy host Alex Trebek snapped his Achilles tendon while chasing a burglar at his San Francisco hotel. I'll take Ibuprofen for $100, Alex.
KAT VON D bolted on a morning TV interview in Los Angeles yesterday. Kat was there to plug tonight's season premiere of L.A. Ink, which shows her getting a tattoo of now ex-fiancee Jesse James. At first, reports said she stormed out when the host mentioned Jesse after they aired the preview clip. However, Kat said she agreed to talk about the split as long as the anchor didn't mention it in his open, which he did. However, the show says Kat's only request was not to bring up Sandra Bullock or Michelle McGee and that they honored that request. Meanwhile, a witness tells RadarOnline.com that they saw Jesse and Kat's breakup. This person says they were arguing outside Kat's L.A. home Monday afternoon about another woman and that she didn't like him living so far away. Jesse finally said, 'Fine, f**k you!' and sped away on his motorcycle and Kat sat in her Bentley with her head on the steering wheel for a few minutes before leaving
L.A. Laker RON ARTEST is in talks to compete this season on "DANCING WITH THE STARS." Artest will have plenty of time on his hands this fall if the NBA lockout isn't settled. If the basketball season gets going on time, Artest says he can juggle both commitments.
- With the 20th anniversary reissue of NIRVANA'S Nevermind on the way, the record company started a Facebook page for the album with a picture of the iconic cover showing the naked baby boy in the swimming pool. However, Facebook has removed the picture for apparently violating standards.
- YOUNG JEEZY loves the attention driving around in his $192,000 custom Ferrari brings him. Unfortunately, he apparently doesn't love obeying traffic laws and when Atlanta police noticed him failing to signal a lane change, they pulled him over and gave him a ticket.
- TAYLOR SWIFT will receive the Ultimate Choice Award at the Teen Choice Awards on August 7th. Taylor will receive the award for her extraordinary contributions to the entertainment industry. The Teen Choice Awards air on Fox.
- Today: Actor Dominic Cooper ("Devil's Double")
- Good Morning America: Beach gear; plastic surgery and men
- Regis & Kelly: Julianne Moore; 3 Doors Down performs
- The View: Beyonce performs; guest co-host James Woods
- The Talk: Actress Swoosie Kurtz; magician Penn Jillette
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jesse Tyler Ferguson; model Marisa Miller; The Band Perry performs
The Angels' Ervin Santana no-hit the Cleveland Indians yesterday. However, Santana gave up a run in the first inning when Ezeqiuel Carrera led off the game by reaching on an error, stole second, took third on a ground out and scored on a wild pitch.
Salisbury, North Carolina's Andrew Anderson got on his moped to go to his mother's house, but traveled just 150 feet before crashing. Police found Andrew lying against a tree with pieces of his moped strewn across the road. He told cops that he realized he couldn't make it to his mother's house and crawled back into his front yard. A quick check of records shows Andrew was charged with DUI in 2001, 2002 and 2008 and now 2011 as he blew a .33 on the breathalyzer.
2006: Mel Gibson went on an anti-Semitic tirade during a DUI arrest in Malibu
cartoonist Jim Davis (Garfield) 66