Bits and Pieces - August 9, 2011
August 9, 2011
The stock market dropped another 634 points yesterday. They blamed it on investors being nervous about the downgrading of the U.S. credit rating and being nervous about giant, talking apes taking over the country.
The new book "Confidential: The Life of Secret Agent Turned Hollywood Tycoon Arnon Milchan" claims it has the scoop on the BRAD PITT - JENNIFER ANISTON split. Milchan produced the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith and he originally cast Nicole Kidman as the female lead, but there was no chemistry between her and Brad and he dropped out. Then Milchan hired ANGELINA JOLIE and Brad was back in, suggesting he may have already had eyes for her. Like everyone else, Jennifer heard the rumors, but everyone denied all, including Brad. However, on a New Years trip to the Caribbean in 2005, Brad confessed that he was in love with Angelina and a furious Jennifer kicked him out.
ALL MY CHILDREN creator AGNES NIXON will have a cameo role on the show this month before it goes off the air. She'll return as Agnes Eckhardt, a member of the Pine Valley Hospital board. She first appeared on the show in 2005 to celebrate its 35th anniversary, but this time her character is admitted to the hospital as a patient.
- Former RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist JOHN FRUSCIANTE has filed a request for a restraining order against an obsessed female fan, claiming she's unstable and could snap at any moment. He says the woman approached him last year in hopes of writing a screenplay about his life, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. Frusciante claims the woman showed up at his home and at venues where his rocker wife Nicole Turley was performing.
- KANYE WEST was being a Kanye again while performing at England's Big Chill music festival on Saturday night. Kanye went on a rant in the middle of his set about being misunderstood and underappreciated saying, "I walk through the hotel and I walk down the street, and people look at me like I'm (expletive) insane, like I'm Hitler...One day the light will shine through and one day people will understand everything I ever did." Kanye got some boos from the crowd.
- ALAN JACKSON will play three shows this week in Sweden and Norway.
- ABC: Wipeout, Take the Money and Run and Combat Hospital are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Mentalist repeats
- Fox: Hells' Kitchen and Master Chef are new
- NBC: It's Worth What and America's Got Talent are new
- CW: 90210 and Shedding for the Wedding repeats
Penn State Coach Joe Paterno was hospitalized and underwent tests on his right arm and hip after a player ran into him during practice on Sunday. The 84-year-old Paterno released a statement saying, "I expect to be back at practice soon. I'm doing fine; tell everyone not to worry about me."
It looks really slick on TV when some guy stuffs a gun down the front of his pants.
Not so slick was Chandler, Arizona's Joshua Seto. When Joshua stuffed the cute, pink handgun belonging to his fiance, Cara Christopher, down the front of his pants, the gun went off. The bullet went through Joshua's Johnson and continued through his left thigh. The 911 operator told Cara to apply direct pressure to the wound with a dry towel or T-shirt, but to avoid looking at the wound. However, Cara did look and said, "It's pretty bad." No word on whether Joshua has been released from the hospital or if he suffered any permanent damage, but police may add insult to injury as they say he could face weapons charges.
1981: Major League Baseball teams resumed play after the mid-season players' strike.
actress Anna Kendrick (Twilight, Up In The Air) 26