Bits and Pieces - August 15, 2011
August 15, 2011
The View co-hosts Joy Behar and Sherri Shepherd have both gotten married. The big news is that they didn't marry each other.
It was a big weekend for celebrity weddings. On Thursday night, The View co-host JOY BEHAR tied the knot with her boyfriend of a mere 29 years, Steve Janowitz. On Saturday, her View co-host SHERRI SHEPHERD married Lamar Sally in Chicago. If you care, The Style Network filmed the wedding and everything leading up to it for a special to air on September 12th. Another Saturday bride was American Pie actress TARA REID, who married Danish businessman Michael Lillelund in Greece. The couple met in Saint-Tropez in November and Tara Tweeted news of her engagement and wedding on the same night! Finally, Dancing With the Stars co-host BROOKE BURKE married DAVID CHARVET after a five-year engagement and two kids. They exchanged vows aboard a yacht in St. Barts on Friday night.
The latest DANCING WITH THE STARS rumors have KRISTIN CAVALLARI, QUEEN LATIFAH, Jersey Shore's SNOOKI, ROB KARDASHIAN and TIFFANI THIESSEN competing on Season 13. A rep for Tiffani tells TMZ she won't be competing, but they're sticking to their story.
- COLDPLAY has announced that their new album will be called Mylo Xyloto (pronounced my-lo zy-letoe) and will be out on October 25th. Although they recently released "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall," the first official single from the album is called "Paradise" and that'll be out September 12th. A brief arena tour in Britain and the U.S. will happen in December, with a full world tour expected to begin next spring.
- THE GAME is in trouble with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's office. A Tweet from Game's account said that if anyone wanted an internship, they should call a phone number he posted. That number was to their Compton headquarters and the Tweet caused phones to be jammed for about two hours on Friday. They're considering misdemeanor charges against The Game because it caused delays in getting to several real emergencies. However, The Game says his account was hacked and he didn't send the message. He later Tweeted: "Casey Anthony can get away with murder and The Game goes to jail for tweeting. God bless America."
- SUGARLAND were due to perform just before the deadly stage collapse at the Indiana State Fair. Jennifer Nettles issued a statement saying the band is "stunned and heartbroken for the fans and their families in Indiana. We hold those injured in our prayers at this very sad time. There are no words. It is tragic."
- Today: DJ Pauly D ("Jersey Shore")
- Good Morning America: TBA
- Regis & Kelly: Paul Rudd; actor Henry Winkler
- The View: Nick Jonas; performance from "Lemonade Mouth'
- The Talk: Actress Jada Pinkett Smith; actor Peter Gallagher
- Ellen DeGeneres: Mariah Carey; Willow Smith performs
The hitting streak of the Atlanta Braves' Dan Uggla ended yesterday at 33 games. His streak was the longest in the majors in five years.
The poop hit the man when Destin, Florida police attempted to arrest a man at a local park. The unnamed man had been banned from the park due to previous violations, but when he was told to turn around and put his hands behind his back, he refused. When the deputy pointed his Taser at the man and ordered him to comply, he told him he couldn't put his hands behind his back because he was making a bowel movement. The man then reached into his shorts and pulled out the, er, evidence, before being arrested.
1971: President Nixon announced a 90-day freeze on wages, prices and rents
musician Joe Jonas (Jonas Brothers) 22