Bits and Pieces - August 22, 2011
August 22, 2011
Kim Kardashian got married to New Jersey Nets player Kris Humphries on Saturday. Kim wore an ivory Vera Wang gown with what was described as an 'epic' train. In fact, the train was so long that it nearly covered her butt.
KIM KARDASHIAN married New Jersey Nets player KRIS HUMPHRIES on Saturday night. It is the first marriage for Humphries, and the second for Kim, who was previously married to music producer Damon Thomas from 2000 to 2004. Among the 440 guests were Demi Lovato, Mario Lopez, Eva Longoria, Sugar Ray Leonard, Alan Thicke and Lindsay Lohan. Assuming you weren't one of those 440, the wedding and events leading up to it will be part of an E Channel special in October. Kim wore not one, but three Vera Wang gowns for the wedding and reception and Robin Thicke introduced the newlyweds to the guests before their first dance to his song "Angels." Wolfgang Puck catered the dinner and if all that sounds like it cost a fortune, you're right. However, People magazine paid a reported $1.5 million for exclusive wedding day photos, while Humphries picked up $300,000 for the engagement announcement back in May and OK magazine paid $100,000 for bridal shower pictures.
There were rumors going around over the weekend that JERRY LEWIS would be back next month to host the annual MDA telethon. First, Jerry had said this would be his last year, then it was said he'd just perform his signature song, You'll Never Walk Alone, before the MDA said he wouldn't appear at all. A rep for Jerry says nothing has changed and he won't be appearing. Still no word on why he's out.
- BONO was treated for heart palpitations and chest pains at a hospital in Monaco on Wednesday and Thursday. Bono was examined by a top heart specialist and told to get some rest and he didn't have to stay overnight.
- LINDSAY LOHAN is suing the creators of Pitbull's song "Give Me Everything," which mentions her by name. The song's writers, Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Pitbull, are being sued over the line "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan." In the suit, they claim "the lyrics, by virtue of its wide appeal, condemnation, excoriation, disparaging or defamatory statements by the defendants about the plaintiff are destined to do irreparable harm to the plaintiff."
- A documentary on SCOTTY MCCREERY called, "Introducing: Scotty McCreery," will debut on the GAC channel on October 3rd.
- Today: Kim Kardashian's wedding; actor Paul Rudd ("My Idiot Brother")
- Good Morning America: Kim Kardashian's wedding; chef Marc Murphy
- Regis & Kelly: Shia LaBeouf; actress Jane Lynch
- The View: Author Sydney Barrows; TV host John Quinones; chef Robert Irvine
- The Talk: Julie Bowen; actor Jason Priestley; author Maya Soetoro-Ng; guest co-host Taraji P. Henson
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Orlando Bloom; Josh Groban
Police are investigating two shootings in the parking lot after the 49ers-Raiders pre-season game on Saturday night. A man wearing a shirt reading "F*** the Niners" was seriously wounded, while another man sustained less serious face injuries in a separate shooting. One suspect is in custody. Meanwhile, another man was assaulted and knocked unconscious in a men's room during the game.
Daytona Beach's Keyona Davis was babysitting for a friend. Like a good sitter, Keyona put 8-month-old Terrance McClain in his stroller and took him out. Like a bad sitter, she put the child in the stroller in the bed of her pickup. Several motorists called 911 to report the improvised child safety seat and when Keyona was hauled before the judge, she didn't understand that what she had done wrong. Police Chief Mike Chitwood said, "I hope they revoke her babysitting license."
1956: Elvis began filming his first movie, Love Me Tender
actress Valerie Harper (Rhoda, The Hogan Family, Mary Tyler Moore Show) 71