Bits and Pieces - August 29, 2011
August 29, 2011
Hurricane Irene hammered the East Coast over the weekend. Meanwhile, President Bush is being criticized for his slow response.
BEYONCE stole the show at the MTV Video Music Awards when she announced that she was pregnant. Her rep later confirmed the pregnancy. It'll be the first child for both Beyonce and her husband, JAY Z.
The first installment of the new version of PUNK'D was taped on Friday night. This time the show will feature different celebrity pranksters and for the first episode JUSTIN BIEBER Punk'd TAYLOR SWIFT. No word on an air date.
- Missing from last night's MTV Video Music Awards was ADAM LEVINE. On Saturday, Levine Tweeted: "the VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. f--- you VMA's."
- DMX is threatening to sue cops for harassment after he was arrested for going over 100 miles-per-hour in a 65 zone. DMX says he was only going 85 and knows for a fact he didn't go more than 90, which would still be well over the limit.
- TAYLOR SWIFT will answer questions from fans via her YouTube channel. If you have a question for Taylor, submit it in written or video form before noon on Wednesday and she'll answer them in a live interview.
- Today: Chef Giada De Laurentiis; actor Robert Duvall ("Seven Days in Utopia"); Sara Bareilles performs
- Good Morning America: The latest on Hurricane Irene
- Regis & Kelly: Emma Watson; actress Jennifer Aniston
- The View: James Franco; actress Freida Pinto; actor Andy Serkis; Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas perform
- The Talk: Tyler Perry; reality TV personalities Justin Kanew and Zev Glassenberg; guest co-host Michelle Stafford
- Ellen DeGeneres: First lady Michelle Obama and second lady Jill Biden; Sugarland performs
Derek Jeter played in his 2,402nd game as a New York Yankee in the first half of yesterday's doubleheader against the Orioles, passing Mickey Mantle as the team's all-time leader in games played.
Republican Congressman Chip Cravaack of Minnesota is a Tea Party favorite for ranting about government handouts and how Social Security disability will run out of money by 2017. It seems Chip is one of the reasons it's running out of money. In 2010, he pocketed $92,273 in disability payments for sleep apnea, which ended his flying career with Northwest Airlines in 2007.
1996: Clinton political advisor Dick Morris resigned after it was reported he'd been seeing a prostitute and letting her listen in on his phone conversations with the president
actress Carla Gugino (Sin City, American Gangster, Night at The Museum) 40