Bits and Pieces - August 31, 2011
August 31, 2011
Carolina Panthers player Jeremy Shockey saved life of teammate Ben Hartsock yesterday by performing the Heimlich maneuver on him. The team was stunned because they usually don't choke until the playoffs
It looks like JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and JESSICA BIEL might be back on again. They were spotted over the weekend in Toronto, bike riding and dining out together. Justin and Jessica were spotted at one coffee shop several times over the weekend and an observer told Life & Style magazine, "They literally couldn't stop staring and smiling at each other. Justin seemed completely smitten with Jessica, and she had this permanent smile on her face, and they joked around with each other." RadarOnline.com goes as far as to say they've exclusively learned they're officially back together.
- KID ROCK and MAROON 5 will perform during NBC's NFL Kickoff on September 8th at Lambeau Field before the Packers-Saints game.
- THE GAME is releasing a book called "The Making of Game's R.E.D. Album." It goes behind the scenes of the making of the album and its release after being delayed almost two years. The book will first be available in downloadable form, followed by a paperback version.
- A limited edition coffee table book about JAMEY JOHNSON will go on sale in a couple of weeks to raise money for charity. "This Ride in Color and in Pictures" includes 450 photographs of Johnson and his travels taken from 2008 to 2010, along with stories, quotes, and observations by some of Johnson's friends and mentors. Get the details at ThisRide.us.
- Jay Leno: Allison Janney; comic Jay Mohr; OK Go performs
- David Letterman: Actress Aubrey Plaza; Thurston Moore performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Betty White; director Robert Rodriguez; Josh Ritter performs
- Conan: Actor John Krasinski; actor Blake Griffin; Ian Edwards performs
- George Lopez: Cedric the Entertainer; host Jeff Lewis; Founder of Saving Wildlife International Steve Mehrans
- Jimmy Fallon: Christina Ricci; comic Jim Gaffigan; animal handler Jeff Musial; Kirk Franklin performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Leslie Bibb; comic Louie Anderson
- Carson Daly: Musician Mike Mills; band Foster the People; MNDR performs
Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was arrested after trying to board a flight from Orange County, California to Atlanta. Crittenton was wanted on murder charges in Atlanta and his lawyer said he planned to surrender there, but he was instead booked in Los Angeles.
Puerto Rico Republican Senator Roberto Arango once campaigned for George W. Bush and opposed gay adoption rights and sexual harassment laws. He also once had a job as Puerto Rico senator. Arango has resigned after posting digital self-portraits of his naked torso and splayed buttocks on the gay hook-up website Grindr.com. Confronted with the evidence, Arango's excuse was: "You know I've been losing weight. As I shed that weight, I've been taking pictures."
1998: Titanic became the first movie to earn more than $600 million.
musician Van Morrison 66