Bits and Pieces - September 1, 2011
September 1, 2011
Mel Gibson was ordered to pay baby mama Oksana Grigorieva $750,000. Actually, only $100,000 of that was for the baby. The rest was for pain and suffering after she went to see The Beaver.
KIM KARDASHIAN was reportedly seen buying two pregnancy kits during her quickie honeymoon in Italy with Kris Humphries, although there's no word on what the results were, even if the story is true. Meanwhile, if Kim wants her sex tape back, it's going to cost her big bucks. Vivid Entertainment owns the rights to the video and head honcho Steve Hirsch says he's been approached by someone who wants to get the tape off the market. Steve says his price is $30 million!
CBS has unveiled the contestants for the 10th season of THE AMAZING RACE. Among the notables are Survivor winners Ethan Zohn and his longtime girlfriend Jenna Morasca; Zac Sunderland, who sailed around the world alone in 2009, and his father; and former NFL player Marcus Pollard and his wife. The race begins on September 25th.
- GOOD CHARLOTTE will release a free mix tape, called Before The Fame: The Madden Brothers, on October 1st. However, Benji Madden says it'll be the last you hear from them for awhile because they plan to take a break from recording and touring.
- THE-DREAM dropped a free album, called "1977," yesterday. He says the free download is to tide fans over until his next official album and it features guests including Big Sean and Pharrell Williams.
- Acting on a tip, Ohio police pulled over the tour bus of WILLIE NELSON'S son, Lukas, looking for marijuana. Not surprisingly, they found it. The surprising thing is it didn't belong to Willie's son, but to a member of his band, who was arrested.
- Today: Labor Day parties; author Don Van Natta ("Wonder Girl")
- Good Morning America: TV show host Clinton Kelly
- Regis & Kelly: Regis and Kelly reminisce about Prince Edward Island
- The View: Chefs Cat Cora, Ming Tsai and Marcus Samuelsson prepare gluten-free meals; actor James Woods; Jessie J performs; guest co-host Tyra Banks
- The Talk: Barry Manilow; guest co-host Suzanne Somers
- Ellen DeGeneres: Halle Berry; Josh Groban performs
Venus Williams withdrew from the U.S. Open yesterday before her second-round match due to illness. Williams released a statement saying, "I have recently been diagnosed with Sjgren's syndrome, an autoimmune disease which is an ongoing medical condition that affects my energy level and causes fatigue and joint pain."
After his buddy was stung by a bee, an unnamed Lynden, Washington man, whom we'll call Buzz, decided to get even. Later that evening, Buzz doused their bee hive with gasoline and set it on fire. The ensuing explosion could be seen from a few hundred feet away and Lynden Fire Chief Gary Baar said, "The correct way to do that is to call a beekeeper." Amazingly, no one except the bees was injured.
1971: Sonny and Cher's TV show premiered on CBS
actress/comedian Lily Tomlin (I Heart Huckabees, Laugh In, The West Wing) 72