Bits and Pieces - September 2, 2011
September 2, 2011
Bits And Pieces
Charlie Sheen turns 46 tomorrow. You can tell Charlie has changed. The only blow he'll be doing is when he extinguishes the candles on his cake.
The JENNIFER ANISTON pregnancy rumors continue as x17online.com posted photos of Jennifer and Justin Theroux leaving a doctor's office in Beverly Hills on Wednesday. The photos show her sucking on a lollipop as she left. They note that it's common practice in gynecology offices to give candy to a woman having blood work early in her first trimester so when a nurse draws blood, the patient's blood sugar level is high enough that she doesn't pass out. They also say Jennifer hasn't been drinking for a couple of weeks. Another tabloid reported that Jennifer told a friend she was sick almost the whole time she was in Hawaii with Justin, suggesting it was morning sickness.
ALL MY CHILDREN filmed its final scenes this week and the show will end its 42-year-run on September 23rd. An online startup called Prospect Park is planning to re-launch the soap online starting in January, although no deals with the cast and crew have been signed as of yet. As for how the network run ends, SUSAN LUCCI would only say there are several cliff-hangers.
- LINKIN PARK performed an intimate gig at the Mayan Theatre in Los Angeles on Wednesday night. It was a benefit for Japan disaster recovery efforts and the group invited the top donors to its charity from around the world with the minimum amount required to get an invite to the show at $500. However, the top individual paid $13,000 and the total take was over $350,000 for the night!
- T.I. is out of that Atlanta halfway house and back in federal custody. Apparently they had some sort of problem with him using a luxury bus to get from the Arkansas prison where he was being held to Atlanta.
- JAKE OWEN recently Tweeted: "First 10 peeps to respond that bought my record, I'll follow you. You can send me your number. I wanna call you and see what songs U dig." They responded and Jake called them!
- ABC: Shark Tank and 20/20 reruns, plus a new Karaoke Battle USA
- CBS: A new 48 Hours Mystery, plus CSI: NY and Blue Bloods reruns
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe repeats
- NBC: A new pair of Friends with Benefits and Dateline episodes
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural reruns
- ESPN: College football with Texas Christian at Baylor
The Tennessee Titans and Chris Johnson have agreed to a deal after a 35-day holdout. Johnson gets a four-year contract extension worth $53.5 million, with $30 million guaranteed.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania's 65-year-old Donald Noone managed to go three months without getting in trouble. However, Daniel's three month streak came to an end when he attempted to steal a rack of ribs from a local grocery store by sticking them in his pants. Police say Noone attempted to pull the same stunt back on May 22nd and on both occasions he was found to be "highly intoxicated."
1901: Vice President Theodore Roosevelt gave his "Speak softly and carry a big stick" speech at the Minnesota State Fair.
football's Terry Bradshaw 63