Bits and Pieces - September 6, 2011
September 6, 2011
Labor Day weekend is over and Americans traveled less this year than they did in years past. In fact, even Apollo 18 was stuck on the launch pad.
Is ALYSON HANNIGAN expecting another baby? Photos of Alyson with her husband and daughter at the Malibu Chili Cook Off surfaced online over the weekend and she looked like she had a baby bump. However, Alison quickly denied, saying she ate too much carnival food, it was that time of the month and that she needs to do more cardio. She also blamed it on an ill-fitting shirt that she said she'd never wear again. (See here)
EDDIE MURPHY is said to be in talks to host the 84th Academy Awards. Recent reports had said BILLY CRYSTAL was interested in returning to host the show.
- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE has dumped drummer Michael Pedicone after they caught him red-handed stealing from the band and he confessed to police. The band says it doesn't plan to press charges, and while Pedicone says it's more complicated than it sounds, he admits that he did make a mistake. Former Death By Stereo and Suicide drummer Jarrod Alexander has taken over for now.
- SOULJA BOY has tweaked off at least one veteran after posting a new song called "Let's Be Real," which includes the lyrics: "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man...I'll be flying through the clouds with green like I'm Peter Pan." Retired Marine Fred A. Flores calls Soulja "ungrateful" and says, "He should apologize to all armed forces."
- EASTON CORBIN recently did some swinging! Easton threw out the first pitch at a Bradenton Marauders minor league baseball game and took batting practice with the team. (See here)
- Today: Cast members of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
- Good Morning America: TBA
- Regis & Kelly: Actor Stephen Moyer; fashion stylist Rachel Zoe
- The View: Dana Delaney; author Danielle Steele; Lady Gaga performs
- The Talk: Jennifer Love Hewitt; chef Giada De Laurentiis
- Ellen DeGeneres: Justin Bieber; actress Sofia Vergara
The Indianapolis Colts now say quarterback Peyton Manning is also having back problems and is doubtful for Sunday's season opener against Houston. Making matters worse is the fact that Manning has also been told not to practice.
An unnamed 26-year-old Wichita, Kansas man, whom we'll call John, called 911 to report a robbery. When police arrived, John told them that he ordered an escort from an online classified website, and when she arrived, he paid her, but complained that she didn't look like the woman in the ad and asked for his money back. John told police that the woman said there were no refunds and left and cops arrested John for hiring a prostitute.
1991: The city of Leningrad, Russia, changed its name back to St. Petersburg
singer Macy Gray 44