Bits and Pieces - September 8, 2011
September 8, 2011
The Republicans held a presidential debate last night and Rick Perry and Mitt Romney attacked one another. Perry and Romney argued over who had the better jobs plan, the better Social Security solution and the better hair care regimen.
REESE WITHERSPOON is recovering after being hit by a car while jogging in Santa Monica yesterday morning. Reese received minor injuries and is now resting at home. Word is the car was going about 20 mph when it hit Reese as she was in an unmarked crosswalk. The 84-year-old female motorist was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
TMZ says that CHER will make a surprise appearance on DANCING WITH THE STARS to support her son, CHAZ BONO. Apparently that was a surprise to Cher as well, as her rep says it's not happening because she doesn't want to steal his spotlight. However, TMZ is sticking to the story, saying that Cher is telling friends that she'll be there.
- SNOW PATROL'S Gary Lightbody says the group has already written the follow up to their upcoming album, Falling Empires, which isn't due until November. He added that the last track on Fallen Empires is going to be 'Broken Bottles Form A Star (Prelude)' and that will be the first track on the next album.
- SOULJA BOY and his management team are still trying to do damage control over his anti-military rap. In a 'good luck with that' move, they're trying to get it off the Internet. With that bound to fail, they now say it won't be on his new album.
- BLAKE SHELTON'S cover of the Footloose theme has premiered online. It'll be on the soundtrack of the upcoming remake of the movie, which stars newcomer Kenny Wormald and Julianne Hough. (Hear here)
- Jay Leno: Actor Will Arnett; Tinie Tempah performs
- David Letterman: Michael J. Fox; John Doe performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Khloe Kardashian; Gabe Dixon performs.
- Conan: Actor Charlie Day; base jumper Jeb Corliss; Foo Fighters perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Tom Selleck; director Cameron Crowe; Pearl Jam performs
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Bill Bailey
- Carson Daly: Writer Jason Eisener; Vice magazine co-founder Shane Smith; Black Rebel Motorcycle Club performs
There's $90 million well spent...The Indianapolis Colts officially announced Peyton Manning will miss his first game this Sunday, snapping his 227 game streak. Kerry Collins will get the start.
Las Cruces, New Mexico Metro Sgt. Mike Alba said his men had "credible information from a reliable source" that an unnamed woman was concealing up to an ounce of heroin on her person. That led to them getting a search warrant from a judge, despite the fact that she had no criminal history in New Mexico. That led to a forcible body cavity search, which led to police discovering that their information wasn't so credible. Finally, it led to the hospital billing the woman $1,122 for the aforementioned search, which she's now asking the county to pay for.
1986: The Oprah Winfrey show premiered
singer Pink 32