Bits and Pieces - September 9, 2011
September 9, 2011
President Obama gave his big speech on jobs last night. Things aren't looking too good for the president. So far, the only people who have gone back to work under the Obama administration are NFL players.
Not content with reporting rumors that SANDRA BULLOCK is dating RYAN REYNOLDS, OK magazine is now saying Sandra is pregnant with Ryan's baby and that Reynolds is going to become her baby Louis' adoptive dad. That's what OK magazine says. However, Sandra says none of that is true.
The lineup for the CHARLIE SHEEN roast is set. In addition to the previously announced Mike Tyson, Steve-O, Anthony Jeselnik, Jeffrey Ross and Harvey Levin, Charlie will be grilled by comedians Jon Lovitz, Patrice O'Neal and Amy Schumer, as well as actors Kate Walsh and William Shatner. Ex-Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash will also make an appearance. They'll tape the roast tomorrow night and it'll air on Comedy Central on September 19th.
- NICKELBACK will release their next album, called Here and Now, on November 21st. The first two singles, When We Stand Together and Bottom's Up, will be available for download on September 27th.
- LIL WAYNE led the way with a record-breaking 18 nominations for the BET Hip-Hop Awards. KANYE WEST and WIZ KHALIFA were a distant second with nine nominations apiece. Comedian Mike Epps will again host the awards, which will tape October 1st at the Atlanta Civic Center and air on BET October 11th.
- TRACE ADKINS will perform a special concert for the troops and their families stationed at the Ramstein Air Base, in Germany, on September 11th. The concert will also be broadcast live on the American Forces Network.
- Today: Lauren Graham ("Parenthood"); Kenny Chesney performs
- Good Morning America: Robin Roberts at Ground Zero; author Emmitt Smith
- Regis & Kelly: Lauren Graham; Kara DioGuardi performs; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: Former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani; author Lauren Manning
- The Talk: Pre-empted for U.S. Open tennis coverage
- Ellen DeGeneres: Taylor Swift performs
There's more bad news for the Indianapolis Colts as Peyton Manning has undergone neck surgery again. It's his third such operation in less than two years and the team has no estimate of a return date, although some reports say it could be season or even career-ending.
Finding out the hard way that vampires are a lot sexier on TV than they are in real life was Florida's Josephine Smith. The 22-year-old Smith recently approached 69-year-old wheelchair-bound Milton Ellis and proclaimed, "I'm a vampire. I am going to eat you." Josephine then proceeded to bite Milton on the face and arm, tearing away chunks of his skin. Milton managed to free himself and call 911 and police arrived to find Josephine covered in blood and unable to explain what had happened to her pants or why her panties were at her ankles.
1976: Communist Chinese leader Mao Tse-tung died in Beijing at age 82
actress Michelle Williams (Dawson's Creek, Brokeback Mountain, Prozac Nation) 31