Bits and Pieces - September 21, 2011
September 21, 2011
Metta World Peace, aka Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest, was ejected from Dancing With the Stars last night. ABC says he'll be replaced by Ashton Kutcher.
Is SCARLETT JOHANSSON taking her mind off that nude photo scandal with KIERAN CULKIN? He's Macaulay's younger brother and they were seen strolling along Paris' Champs-élysées. They've known each other almost all of their lives as they both grew up in Manhattan and went to the Professional Children's School together. However, they could be more than friends as she wrapped her arm around Culkin at one point.
Monday night was a big night for CHARLIE SHEEN on TV! A sitcom record 27.8 million tuned in to Two and a Half Men to see his character's funeral. Not only that, over on Comedy Central he had the most-watched celebrity roast ever, drawing 6.4 million viewers.
- If you're wondering what the title of the upcoming COLDPLAY album Mylo Xyloto means, the answer is...nothing! Chris Martin says he chose the name simply because it looked nice written down and represented the album's sound. Martin also said that while Mylo Xyloto may confuse some fans, he ultimately believes the title will make more sense as time goes on.
- 50 CENT is being sued over an alleged violent attack on a woman at his home. Fiddy wasn't even home at the time, but one of his employees invited the woman back to his mansion where he allegedly made "graphic and vulgar" sexual requests and when she attempted to leave, she claims she was badly beaten by another woman while the employee held her down. The employee in question had a criminal record and the woman claims 50 should've known about it.
- TAYLOR SWIFT, JASON ALDEAN, BLAKE SHELTON, KEITH URBAN and BRAD PAISLEY are the first five performers announced for Country Music Association Awards on November 9th. Probably not coincidentally, all five will compete in the Entertainer of the Year category.
- Jay Leno: Amy Poehler; actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt; The Kooks perform
- David Letterman: Taylor Lautner; actress Minka Kelly; Wilco performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Julie Bowen; actress Elisha Cuthbert; Pitbull performs
- Conan: Actor Jim Parsons; actor Chris Pratt; Grouplove performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Jonah Hill; actress Whitney Cummings; Elbow performs
- Craig Ferguson: James Spader; actress Juno Temple
- Carson Daly: TV's Chris Hardwick; Death Cab for Cutie
More NBA labor talks will be held today in New York. It's not an official bargaining session, but could be followed by a formal session tomorrow. Word is they've made significant progress on economic issues, but the salary cap is the main stumbling block.
Knocking Scarlett Johansson down to second place in the 'most embarrassing use of a camera' standings are the three people who broke into the Covington, Georgia home of Roderick Ward. Roderick returned home after 10 days and became suspicious after finding his air conditioner running and his back doors unlocked. Roderick also discovered that the intruders had used his camera to take photos of themselves washing a dog in the bathroom, using a toothbrush and eating some birthday cake. Unfortunately, the intruders left the camera and photos behind. Police contacted their families and they returned Roderick's two other cameras and spare house keys and their parents apologized.
1981: Sandra Day O'Connor was confirmed as the first female U.S. Supreme Court justice
actor Larry Hagman (Dallas, I Dream of Jeannie, In Harm's Way) 80