Bits and Pieces - September 30, 2011
September 30, 2011
The baseball playoffs begin today. The Yankees will play the Tigers, the Rangers will play the Rays and the Red Sox and Braves will play golf.
ASHTON KUTCHER finally Tweeted about those rumors he and wife DEMI MOORE have split. Yesterday morning Ashton posted a link to Public Enemy's 1988 hit, "Don't Believe the Hype," on his Spotify account. He also Tweeted, "When you ASSUME to know that which you know nothing of you make an ASS out of U and ME." Despite all of that, Ashton didn't come right out and deny it and Demi hasn't said a word. Meanwhile, the alleged other woman is 23-year-old Sara Leal and she's shopping her story to the tabloids for $250,000. Meanwhile, a friend of Leal's wrote to TheDirty.com to say Ashton took her to his room at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego and told her that he and Demi are separated and the public doesn't know it yet. Also, a photo has surfaced of Ashton and Leal getting into a car together. (See here)
RUSSELL BRAND will be the first guest on ROSIE O'DONNELL'S new talk show on the OWN channel. The Rosie Show premieres a week from this Monday.
- COURTNEY LOVE has signed a deal to write her memoirs. The publisher says Courtney will "set the record straight" about her life with KURT COBAIN, her drug problems and her Hollywood career. Look for it next fall.
- T.I. was released from an Atlanta halfway house early yesterday morning after spending about 10 months in prison on a probation violation. A behind the scenes look is coming soon as T.I. is shooting a reality show for VH1, which is set to debut on December 5th.
- STEEL MAGNOLIA'S JOSHUA SCOTT JONES released a statement on the band's website saying that he's seeking treatment for substance and alcohol abuse. Last Friday, Meghan Linsey announced they were canceling a handful of shows because Jones was unable to perform, although she began performing the tour dates alone starting Sunday.
- ABC: Modern Family, Suburgatory and Pan Am reruns and a new 20/20
- CBS: A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: Up All Night and Whitney repeats, plus a new Dateline
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: College football with Utah State at BYU
- TBS: Baseball playoffs with the Yankees and Tigers.
NBA labor talks will resume today and sources say Commissioner David Stern will threaten players with the cancellation of the entire 2011-12 season if the sides haven't made major progress by the end of the weekend.
An unnamed Toronto woman was recently involved in a fiery five-car pileup. However, the fire didn't result from the traffic accident. After the dust and sheet metal had settled, the woman wandered away from the scene of the accident and into a nearby home where she approached the oven and used the gas burners and a lighter to try and set herself on fire. Apparently she was successful as a Toronto police sergeant later told reporters, "All I can say is that this collision right now is more than just a regular traffic collision."
1846: Dentist Dr. William Morton used ether on a patient for the first time
actor Kieran Culkin (Igby Goes Down, She's All That, Home Alone) 29