Bits and Pieces - October 4, 2011
October 4, 2011
ESPN pulled Hank Williams Jr. from last night's Monday Night Football telecast after he went on Fox News and compared President Obama to Hitler. That's odd because it was the nicest thing anyone ever said about Obama on Fox News.
At the trial of MICHAEL JACKSON'S physician, Dr. Conrad Murray yesterday, an emergency room physician told jurors that Murray never mentioned that he'd given Michael Propofol. Dr. Richelle Cooper testified that Murray told her he'd only given him the sedative Lorazepam. As for Murray's defense that Michael gave himself the fatal dose of Propofol while Dr. Murray was out of the room, that may not work out. RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that Michael's fingerprints weren't found on any of the Propofol bottles. While Michael may have had trouble sleeping, the same can't be said for Dr. Murray, who dozed off in court yesterday! Not only that, there's a new strain of marijuana named after Murray that's being sold at California pot shops. One shop owner says that the Conrad Murray weed will put you to sleep for a really long time.
JULIANNE HOUGH will return to DANCING WITH THE STARS a week from tonight for one night only. Julianne will perform on the show to plug her upcoming remake of the movie Footloose, which hits theaters the following Friday.
- When GUNS N' ROSES hit the stage of the Rock In Rio music festival on Sunday in Brazil, Axl Rose was wearing a bright yellow raincoat, a big black hat and sunglasses, apparently hoping to conceal his paunchier look. One reviewer wrote: "Sadly, the roaring firecracker frontman in Axl Rose is padded with middle-aged pudge, resulting in a great many out-of-breath moments and only token reminders of the soaring post-Slash incarnation that we saw in 2006." Guns N' Roses will kick off their first North American tour in five years on October 28th.
- T.I. was at the BET Hip Hop Awards after-party over the weekend and it almost turned into a go back to jail party! Apparently DIDDY got all bent out of shape because someone wasn't drinking his Ciroc vodka and the two men got in each other's faces. T.I. grabbed a mic and begged Diddy to chill out, seeing as how he's still on probation and didn't want to be caught up in anyone else's beef.
- The new MONTGOMERY GENTRY website has been re-launched at MontgomeryGentry.com. Among other things, you can pre-order their new CD "Rebels on the Run," which hits stores October 18th.
- ABC: Dancing With the Stars and Body of Proof are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Unforgettable are new
- Fox: Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope are new
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: 90210 and Ringer are new
- TBS: Baseball playoff with the Yankees at Tigers
- TNT: Baseball playoff with the Brewers at Diamondbacks
Today is said to be a 'very huge day' in the NBA labor talks and it could determine whether the season starts on time. The regular season is scheduled to start November 1st and players would've reported to training camps yesterday.
Rensellaer, Indiana's 18-year-old Zachary A. Keilman was arrested for underage drinking at a party; handcuffed and placed in a police car. While officers attended to other partiers, Zachary managed to escape. It was around the time that a friend was cutting the chain between the cuffs that Zachary realized he'd left his ID behind in the police car. The next day, with a cuff still on each wrist, Zachary went to a police station and said, 'I think there might be a warrant out for my arrest.' Sgt. Alan Jamerson said, "Sometimes people think that police are looking for them when we're actually not, and if someone walks in with handcuffs on their wrists, there is a good chance we are looking for them." Zachary fell into the latter category and is now facing additional charges of escape and fleeing.
2001: Shannen Doherty was sentenced to serve five days in a work release program for a DUI arrest
actress Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Beauty Shop, Miss Match) 35