Bits and Pieces - October 5, 2011
October 5, 2011
NBC has canceled The Playboy Club. You know you weren't cut out to be a Playboy Bunny when you can't even get ratings to rise.
At the trial of MICHAEL JACKSON'S physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, four women identified as his girlfriends have testified. Apparently quite the player, trial documents note that Murray has seven children with six women. Houston cocktail waitress Sade Anding testified yesterday that Murray phoned her at 11:51 a.m. on the morning Michael died. She said that several minutes into the call, she started telling Murray about what she was doing that day before realizing he was no longer on the phone. She said she heard muffled voices that sounded like the phone was in his pocket, so she hung up and called back twice but got no answer. Also testifying was Nicole Alvarez, who lives with Murray and their young son in her Santa Monica apartment. She testified that Murray told her he was treating Jackson, which prosecutors say is a violation of doctor-patient confidentiality, and that Dr. Murray took her to meet Jackson on several occasions. Nicole also acknowledged receiving FedEx shipments of Propofol addressed to Murray at her apartment shortly before Michael died and a Las Vegas pharmacist testified that Murray ordered more than four gallons of Propofol from him.
It looks like we'll be seeing Cher in the DANCING WITH THE STARS audience next week. Cher Tweeted that if Chaz Bono survived to dance another week, she'd be there to cheer him on. Chaz not only survived, but avoided the bottom three. Surprisingly, it was Kristin Cavallari who was sent home, with Carson Kressley and Hope Solo also in the bottom three.
- A six-track cassette demo that was originally recorded by R.E.M. in April 1981 has surfaced online. It was originally recorded as a promotional tool for the band on their first visit to New York City. (Download it here)
- A bidding war has erupted between two porn companies for that TUPAC SHAKUR sex tape. YouPorn.com claims they've offered $150k for the tape.
- GARTH BROOKS will return to the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas for a handful of dates in December, January and February. Tickets will go on sale this Saturday morning at 10 Pacific.
- Jay Leno: Tim Allen; TV personality Theresa Caputo; Scotty McCreery performs
- David Letterman: George Clooney; Mastodon performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Will Arnett; actress Jane Levy; J. Cole performs
- Conan: Flavor Flav; chef Curtis Stone; Tim Minchin performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Shaquille O'Neal; actress Evan Rachel Wood; Portishead performs
- Craig Ferguson: Joel McHale; singer Elizabeth Cook
- Carson Daly: Writer Paul Haggis; musical group Roll The Tanks; Fool's Gold
The NBA has canceled the remainder of the preseason and says it will ax the first two weeks of the regular season if there is no labor agreement by Monday. After making no progress yesterday, no further meetings are scheduled.
Land O'Lakes, Florida's 48-year-old Donald Gartner was arrested on criminal mischief charges after deputies found him crawling out from under bushes at his neighbor's house. Gartner soon posted bail, but his freedom was short lived. While waiting for a ride home, Gartner was arrested again after he was seen trying to break into two cars in the jail's parking lot.
1921: The World Series was broadcast on radio for the first time
actress Kate Winslet (Titanic, Finding Neverland, Revolutionary Road) 36