Bits and Pieces - October 6, 2011
October 6, 2011
Sarah Palin has announced that she won't run for president, saying she can be more effective helping other true public servants get elected. She has a point. In 2008, she got Obama elected.
The latest buzz on the rumored split between ASHTON KUTCHER and DEMI MOORE is that there's more to it than his cheating. Life & Style magazine says they were already having trouble weeks before Ashton's alleged fling and that he's moved out of their home. A friend tells the magazine that Demi has fallen back into dangerous habits and while Ashton has been urging her to get help, he moved out in early September. The friend said that Demi had been sober for a long time, but apparently not anymore and that while Ashton loves her, he can't stick around and watch her do this to herself. Demi had been looking noticeably thinner lately.
When 30 ROCK returns to the NBC lineup later this season the guest stars will return with them. JAMES MARSDEN will appear in at least one episode and maybe more and DENISE RICHARDS has also signed on for an episode.
- THE CRANBERRIES will release their first new album in over 10 years next Valentine's Day. It's called "Roses" and DOLORES O'RIORDAN says, "It's kind of picking up where we left off." A North American tour is likely to happen next spring or summer.
- SNOOP DOGG could soon be coming to NBC. Snoop sold the network on a sitcom idea in which he'd play a father with a family of misfit children.
- KENNY CHESNEY has been added to the all-star lineup for the charity concert "A Decade of Difference: A Concert Celebrating 10 Years of the William J. Clinton Foundation." The concert will be held at the Hollywood Bowl on October 15th and will be streamed live on Yahoo.
- Today: Actor Bryan Cranston ("Breaking Bad"); O.A.R. performs; guest co-host Kourtney Kardashian
- Good Morning America: Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore and Alicia Keys; "Growing Pains" reunion
- Regis & Kelly: George Clooney; actress Rachel Bilson
- The View: Jon Huntsman; latest eliminated couple from "Dancing With the Stars."
- The Talk: John Lithgow; singer Brandy; guest co-hosts Molly Shannon and Sheryl Underwood
- Ellen DeGeneres: Zooey Deschanel; talk-show host Ricki Lake and dancer Derek Hough
Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne may have a serious shoulder separation and could be done for the season. Henne injured his shoulder in Miami's Week 4 loss at San Diego.
Mark Burgin was on trial in Tennessee last week for the 2009 knifepoint robbery of a man at a truck stop. Apparently enjoying his trial so much, Burgin decided to arrange for another. During a lunch break in his knifepoint robbery trial, Burgin went to a nearby jewelry store and allegedly stole $45,000 worth of bling. The good news is that Burgin wasn't arrested for his jewelry heist...at least not until the next day after he was found guilty of the knifepoint robbery. At that point, Burgin was re-arrested and is awaiting his next robbery trial.
1991: Elizabeth Taylor married Larry Fortensky at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. It was Taylor's 8th and final marriage.
actress Amy Jo Johnson (Felicity, Power Rangers, The Division) 41