Bits and Pieces - October 7, 2011
October 7, 2011
The Detroit Tigers eliminated the New York Yankees from the baseball playoffs last night. They're saying the Yankees are the biggest multi-million dollar failure since Solyndra.
You won't be hearing or seeing HANK WILLIAMS JR. and his rowdy friends on Monday Night Football anymore. Hank has been yanked permanently from the ESPN telecasts, but who left who? Yesterday ESPN announced that they decided to part ways with Hank and that they appreciated his contributions over the past years. However, Williams claimed it was his decision to leave, writing on his website, "After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision. By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run."
Another day, another NBC show bites the dust as the HANK AZARIA sitcom FREE AGENTS got the ax yesterday.
- GREEN DAY frontman BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG has landed another acting gig. Armstrong will guest star on Showtime's Nurse Jackie during its upcoming fourth season, which is now in production.
- If you were looking forward to seeing that TUPAC SHAKUR sex tape, you may be out of luck. Tupac's family is threatening to sue anyone who attempts to release it.
- FAITH HILL will perform at the annual CMA AWARDS for the first time in five years. Faith will debut the new single from her upcoming album, which is due out early next year. The show airs November 9th on ABC.
- ABC: Modern Family, Suburgatory and Revenge reruns and a new 20/20
- CBS: A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: Up All Night and Whitney repeats, plus a new Dateline
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: College football with Boise State at Fresno State
- TBS: Baseball playoffs with the D-backs at Brewers and Cardinals at Phillies
The Miami Dolphins say quarterback Chad Henne is out for the season. Henne will undergo shoulder surgery and will be replaced on the roster by veteran quarterback Sage Rosenfels, who was released Tuesday by the New York Giants.
Those compassionate, loving and understanding members of the Westboro Baptist Church have announced plans to picket the funeral of former Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Why Steve Jobs? According to top church member Margie J Phelps, he had a huge platform, gave God no glory and taught sin. However, Jobs ironically did give Margie the iPhone she used to Tweet the picket notice to her followers.
2001: Barry Bonds hit his record 73rd home run of the season
musician John Mellencamp 60