Bits and Pieces - October 10, 2011
October 10, 2011
The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded on Friday. This year's Nobel Peace Prize went to the person who settled the feud between Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.
SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY and American heiress Nancy Shevell got married yesterday in a civil ceremony at the same Old Marylebone Town Hall where he married Linda Eastman back in 1969. The newlyweds were showered with confetti from fans as they emerged from the town hall. Shevell wore an above-the-knee gown designed by McCartney's daughter, Stella. McCartney's younger brother Mike reportedly served as best man and his daughter Beatrice as flower girl. Afterwards they hosted a reception at their nearby home with guests including Ringo Starr and wife Barbara Bach. It was Paul's third marriage and Nancy's second.
Fox has apparently reached a deal with THE SIMPSONS voice talents as they've renewed the show for two more seasons. That will bring the show to its 25th season and 559 episodes.
- Former WEEZER bass player MIKEY WELSH was found dead in a Chicago hotel room on Saturday. Welsh was with Weezer from 1998-2001 and they're calling the death a suspected drug overdose. Welsh was 40 years old.
- There's reportedly a million-dollar offer for that TUPAC SHAKUR sex tape. However, the potential buyer doesn't want it for the sex, but for the unreleased Tupac song playing in the background. The CEO of anti-hangover drink NOHO wants to use it as the official theme song for the beverage company. So far, only TMZ and the tape owner have heard the unreleased track.
- SUGARLAND will play a free concert in Indianapolis on October 28th. They'll be collecting donations for an assistance fund for the Indiana State Fair stage collapse victims. Ticket holders for the ill-fated concert will get top priority for the Indianapolis show.
- Today: Chef Todd English; cooking with the Scotto family
- Good Morning America: Rosie O'Donnell; author Anita Hill; actor Tim Allen; actress Hilary Duff
- Regis & Kelly: Evan Rachel Wood; Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino; co-host Larry the Cable Guy
- The View: Tim Allen; celebrity tweets
- The Talk: Cheryl Hines; actress Kirsten Vangsness; reality-TV's Parvati Shallow
- Ellen DeGeneres: Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson; Internet performer Christina Grimmie
Officials from the NBA and players union met last night with no agreement being reached. They'll meet again this afternoon in a last-ditch effort to avoid canceling any regular season games. The league has said that if no deal is reached by today, they'll have to cancel the first two weeks of the regular season.
Stop me if you heard this one...A man walks out of a downtown Tulsa bar and can't find his car, so he calls police to report it stolen. Actually, that really happened to Daniel Coglin. However, he soon found his car and decided to drive home. Unfortunately, Daniel got into an accident on the way. Not wanting to get busted in his drunken state, Daniel walked home. However, police tracked Daniel down, witnesses ID'd him and instead of DUI Daniel was busted for leaving the scene of an accident and calling in a false auto theft report.
1886: The tuxedo dinner jacket made its debut at the Autumn Ball in Tuxedo Park, New York
actress Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights, Prom, Scream 4) 22