Bits and Pieces - October 11, 2011
October 11, 2011
Kim Kardashian's wedding was shown on TV last night. There wasn't a dry eye when the couple promised to love, honor and hype.
DEMI MOORE and ASHTON KUTCHER may be trying to patch things up. After attending Yom Kippur services at the Kabbalah Center in Los Angeles on Friday night they were spotted camping over the weekend at Cachuma Lake in California's Santa Ynez Valley. However, they weren't alone. Ashton's Michael was there and various reports had celebrity florist Eric Buterbaugh, a close friend who did the flowers at their wedding, and their Kabbalah instructor Yehuda Berg sitting around the campfire with them.
Ricki Lake racked up the first perfect 10 scores of the season last night on DANCING WITH THE STARS and led the way with 29 points. Cher was on hand to support Chaz Bono who, for once, didn't finish at the bottom. Chaz scored 21 points to Carson Kressley's 20.
- The death of former WEEZER bass player MIKEY WELSH just got a lot spookier. It turns out that back on September 26th he Tweeted: "dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today." He then added a second Tweet: "correction - the weekend after next." Welsh got the date and place right, although the death is suspected to be a drug overdose.
- CHRIS BROWN wants everyone to know that his criminal record had nothing to do with him not appearing at the MICHAEL JACKSON tribute concert in Wales. The story went around that Brown was supposed to be there, but they wouldn't let him in the country because of the thing with Rihanna. However, Brown's rep says he was invited, but had to decline due to a previous booking.
- Look for THE BAND PERRY performing on Dancing with the Stars a week from tonight.
- ABC: The new Tim Allen sitcom Last Man Standing, plus Dancing With the Stars (Blake Shelton, Julianne Hough, Susan Boyle perform) and Body of Proof are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Unforgettable are new
- Fox: Baseball with the Rangers at Tigers
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: 90210 and Ringer are new
- Versus: Hockey with the Panthers at Penguins
The NBA has canceled the first two weeks of the season after owners and players were unable to reach a new labor deal. Commissioner David Stern said that the gap is so significant that they can't bridge it at this time, adding that it's doubtful a full 82-game season can be played.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Egelston Township, Michigan's Jeremy Allen Baldwin. The 23-year-old Baldwin has pleaded no contest to breaking into Joni's Cones and stealing a tub of lemon chiffon ice cream. Baldwin's no contest plea was pretty much forced upon him after police found Baldwin's shoes at the store, his wallet nearby and followed a trail of ice cream splatters to a partially eaten tub of ice cream and Baldwin's cell phone. Baldwin told police he'd been drinking whiskey and beer all night and likely blacked out.
1976: Jane Pauley replaced Barbara Walters on the Today Show.
actress Michelle Trachtenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Weeds, Gossip Girl) 26