Bits and Pieces - October 20, 2011
October 20, 2011
Lindsay Lohan was in court yesterday for her probation hearing and was led away in handcuffs. The good news for Lindsay is this proves she can get arrested in Hollywood.
Testimony resumed yesterday in the trial of MICHAEL JACKSON'S physician, Dr. Conrad Murray. Dr. Steven Shafer is a professor and anesthesiologist who wrote the instructions in Propofol packaging and he narrated a video that showed the proper use of the anesthetic. He said that in Jackson's case, virtually no safeguards were in place and that he never walked out of the room while a patient was under, as Dr. Murray did. He also said because of that Jackson's death was an expected outcome. Shafer is the final prosecution witness and Murray's attorneys will begin calling witnesses tomorrow.
EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION is heading to tornado-ravaged Joplin, Missouri to build seven new homes. Work began this week, but there's no word on when the episode will air.
- JON BON JOVI has opened a new charity "pay-what-you-can" restaurant in Red Bank, New Jersey. The JBJ Soul Kitchen lets diners either pay a suggested donation or earn free meals by doing volunteer work in the community.
- SNOOP DOGG kicked off his 40th birthday celebrations with an exclusive party in Hollywood. Among the guests were Dr. Dre, Warren G, Chaka Khan and Far East Movement, along with singer/actor Tyrese Gibson.
- Not only is TAYLOR SWIFT working on a new album full of what she says are "sad" songs, she also says she's working on some surprise projects for 2012 "that may or may not happen, and possibly some acting."
- Today: A performance from Broadway's "Saving Aimee."
- Good Morning America: Kelsey Grammer; actress Sarah Hyland
- Regis & Kelly: Kelsey Grammer; actor Kevin McKidd; comic Carrot Top
- The View: Christina Ricci, Kelli Garner, Margot Robbie and Karine Vanasse; actor Michael Emerson; most recently eliminated couple from Dancing With the Stars
- The Talk: Dr. Mehmet Oz; businesswoman Iman; guest co-hosts Camryn Manheim and Susie Essman
- Ellen DeGeneres: Game-show host Steve Harvey; Rachel Maddow; singer Robyn
NBA owners and players met again with a mediator yesterday for more than eight hours and will meet again this afternoon. The mediator later said, "The discussions have been direct and constructive, and as far as we are concerned, we are here to continue to help assist the parties to endeavor to reach an agreement."
Two unnamed Charlotte, North Carolina men flagged down police officers in front of their house late Saturday night. The men told officers that they heard a knock on their door and invited the strangers inside. That was only the first stupid move they made. It seems the strangers robbed our friends. Their second stupid move was to tell the police that the stolen items included cash, cocaine and marijuana. The men weren't arrested, despite the fact they claimed to have their drugs stolen, but it's unclear to what extent police will help them recover their belongings.
1991: Clint Black and Lisa Hartman married near Houston
actor John Krasinski (The Office, Leatherheads, License to Wed) 32