Bits and Pieces - October 21, 2011
October 21, 2011
Libyan rebels captured and killed former leader Moammar Gadhafi yesterday. On the bright side, Saddam Hussein now has a tennis partner in hell.
After her latest round of mug shots, LINDSAY LOHAN said she was going to get serious about her community service. That lasted about as long as you might imagine as she showed up 40 minutes late for her first day at the Los Angeles County Morgue yesterday morning. According to her rep, Lindsay was late due to a combination of not knowing what entrance to go through and confusion caused by the media waiting for her arrival. He went on to say that Lindsay spoke with the supervisors at the morgue, they showed her how to get in and everything is all cleared up. That's Team Lindsay's story. However, the coroner's office is calling it B.S. They say Lindsay has been there before and was given directions and was told to be there before 8 o'clock. In any case, Lindsay was turned away and they counted it as a missed appointment. They also say Lindsay can't just show up today like nothing happened. They say Lindsay will have to first get permission from the probation department and/or the judge that she can come back.
NICOLAS CAGE'S ex-girlfriend Christina Fulton and the former couple's son Weston have landed their own reality TV series on VH1 called Uncaged. While Weston supposedly wants to show the world he's not mentally ill following his meltdowns earlier this year, Christina said the show will be like a modern-day Addams Family.
- A Tweet war has broken out between MAROON 5 front man ADAM LEVINE and Fox News. Levine recently Tweeted: "Dear Fox News, don't play our music on your evil f-king channel ever again. Thank you." Fox News hosts Andy Levy and Greg Gutfeld responded with Andy Tweeting, "Dear @AdamLevine, don't make crappy f-king music ever again. Thank you," and Gutfeld adding, "fun joke: why did Maroon 5 cross the road? because crappy music is legal there! @adamlevine."
- T-PAIN says his next album, called "rEVOLVEr," will be out on December 6th. It'll include Best Love Song, featuring Chris Brown, and his current single "5 O'clock", featuring Lily Allen and Wiz Khalifa. Unlike previous albums, this time around T-Pain says he'll lay off the auto tune.
- Did SCOTTY MCCREERY improvise some lyrics to The Star-Spangled Banner before Game One of the World Series? His microphone didn't appear to be on when he started singing, so he turned it on and began over, but some people say it sounds like he sang, "No Jose does that Star-Spangled banner yet wave ..." instead of "O say does that..." (See and hear here)
- ABC: Two new Extreme Makeover: Home Editions and 20/20 (Guests: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon)
- CBS: A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: A new Kitchen Nightmares and a Fringe repeat
- NBC: The Office and Parks and Recreation repeats, plus a new Dateline
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural are new
- PBS: The Pearl Jam 20 documentary from Cameron Crowe
- ESPN: College football with West Virginia at Syracuse
- ESPN2: College football with Rutgers at Louisville
The NBA talks broke off again last night after three days with federal mediator George Cohen. Little, if any, progress was made and no new meetings have been scheduled.
Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a dumb crook can...Police in Jacksonville, North Carolina say that a sword-wielding bandit dressed as Spider-Man walked into a convenience store and demanded money. Apparently lacking the real Spider-Man's super powers, our friend, who was not Peter Parker, but 56-year-old Dale Foughty, fled after a clerk poked him in the stomach with a broom while a co-worker ripped out part of his ponytail. Police soon caught up with Spider-Man at a nearby apartment and ended his web of terror.
1921: The World Series was broadcast on radio for the first time
celebrity Kim Kardashian 31