Bits and Pieces - October 24, 2011
October 24, 2011
That radio evangelist was wrong again when he predicted the world would end on Friday. Even more embarrassing, he picked the Indianapolis Colts to win last night.
Not only did LINDSAY LOHAN show up at the L.A. County morgue for her community service on Friday, she showed up early! Lindsay also had some cupcakes delivered to the morgue as her way of saying she was sorry for being late the day before, but coroner's office officials turned the delivery person away because that sort of thing apparently isn't allowed. In any case, the morgue may not be the place where you want a full stomach. While Lindsay won't be handling any dead bodies, she's already seen one and she supposedly covered her mouth in horror when she saw the blood stained sheets where the autopsy was performed. As you might imagine, the smell inside the morgue is pretty bad and it's not that uncommon for people to barf because of it. Another rule is that everyone has to clean up their own puke.
WILL FERRELL was presented with the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts last night. Among those performing were Jack Black, Conan O'Brien, and Green Day. The show will air on PBS a week from tonight.
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN went back in time and performed a 25-song set at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park on Saturday night, backed by E Street Band members Roy Bittan and Max Weinberg, Asbury Juke Bobby Bandiera and a four-piece horn section. The show was a private benefit for Boston College.
- NICKI MINAJ is single and looking. Nicki says she's says looking for someone with a dope nose profile, one that's straight on the side, and she likes full lips. She also says she doesn't like it when guys show off their wealth.
- JO DEE MESSINA and husband Chris Deffenbaugh have announced that they're expecting their second child. Jo Dee Tweeted: "Our family is very excited. In a few months, Chris, Noah and I will be welcoming BABY #2!!!"
- Today: Ben Stiller ("Tower Heist"); cast of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"; director Brett Ratner; Sara Bareilles performs
- Good Morning America: Author Stephanie Madoff Mack; author Walter Isaacson
- Regis & Kelly: Matthew Broderick; LeAnn Rimes performs
- The View: Author Stephanie Mack; puppeteer Kevin Clash
- The Talk: Actress Rebecca Romijn; author Kevin Sorbo
- Ellen DeGeneres: Producer Sean Hayes; musician Harry Connick Jr. and daughter Kate Connick; reality star Rob Kardashian and dancer Cheryl Burke
Tim Tebow started slow, but tossed two touchdown passes in the final 2:44 of regulation to force overtime against the Miami Dolphins, before the Broncos won with an overtime field goal.
Some people post fliers around the neighborhood looking for lost pets. Then again, some people post fliers around the neighborhood advertising heroin for sale. That's what happened in one Portland, Oregon neighborhood and while it may have attracted some customers, it also attracted the police, who raided the home and arrested seven people inside. Grateful neighbors praised the officers and one even greeted them with a bucket full of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. One officer said, "We felt like fire fighters for a few minutes. It was good."
2001: The House of Representatives approved the Patriot Act
actress Shenae Grimes (90210, Scream 4) 22